Anyone see this product before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up a hard case for carrying my fishing/lobster license in. O ring seal, available in a number of colors including clear. Dunno what the max depth on it is as we just tied it to our flag so game & squish could check the licenses while we were down, but it cost about $5.

I got a case at the locksmith that is magnetic. I think it cost $5 if that. It just goes under the car. I keep an extra key there all the time because I have a habit of locking myself out of the car. LOL. And it stays there through all kinds of rough driving.

Walter:
Ellen, that's asking someone to steal your car.
Well, I've had it about 3 years now. I drive to NYC and park on the street all the time. If no one has stolen my car by now, I guess it's not worth stealing. Besides, even I have trouble finding it when I need it. It's up under the car beside some metal pipe.

Wayward Son:
I picked up a hard case for carrying my fishing/lobster license in. O ring seal, available in a number of colors including clear. Dunno what the max depth on it is as we just tied it to our flag so game & squish could check the licenses while we were down, but it cost about $5.
The small Pelican cases are inexpensive but are only water tight to about 15feet. Otter Boxes are roughly the same price as the Pelican boxes, but are water tight to 100feet. The Otter Box 1000 is about the size of a wallet. It is probably too small to actually put a wallet into, but you can put the contents of your wallet in it. The Otter Box 2000 is about twice the size of the 1000. It's probably big enough to hold both a wallet and a wad of keys.
http://www.otterbox.com/
I recently bought an Otter Box 1000 for $9 and an Otter Box 2000 for $14.

mike_s:
I like this Masterlock compartment... It'd be easy to lock to your trailer hitch where you hook your chains up.

Where do you find them in stores? (walmart? Lowes? Home Depot? etc?)
I got mine at Home Depot.

CatFishBob:
I got mine at Home Depot.

Thanks! I'll go check.

I found it at Taylor Security for $19.24 plus shipping if they don't have it at my Home Depot.
http://www.taylorsecurity.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1597&DEPARTMENT_ID=1222

The only drawback I see is that it's not "small" (see picture), but I don't think that's a big deal. It's larger size does have one positive, it looks like you can fit your entire set of keys inside it.

5400feature_on.jpg

CatFishBob:
My alarm system won't let me open the car with a plain metal copy.

Time to get a different car.

I have seen a remote keypad that sends the same signals as your remote keyless entry that you can stick to your door or truck bed wall or whevever you want and leave your keys in the car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom