Anyone see this product before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
I'm not putting a trailer hitch on my Camry.

This is what the locking fuel door is for, right?

Just take the valet key or a spare, put it on a keyring, and run the ring through the fabric on the inside of your shorts under the waistband or on other undergarments. I do this any time I'm tubing or need to keep my car key secure at the dive site. I just leave the rest of the keys in the car.

jjdub, what about putting it underneath the hood? I'd be willing to bet that if it's that big of an issue, and you don't mind losing the convieneince, you can probably disable whatever system is running the door locks without losing the automatic locking feature. Most factory alarms have different settings that will allow you to do such things. Check out your owner's manual or ask at an online auto forum.

Drewski:
Yeah, shoe laces work great as long as you don't have one of "those" keys you can't take underwater or if you lose it, costs $200 to replace...:D

Go to your car dealership and see if they have a key that does not have the chip in it. Salespeople have these keys. They'll only open the driverside door but they are waterproof!

jjdub:
I have been thinking about this as well since some of the convenience features of my car make key storage annoying. I can't hide my key on the outside of my car because my doors unlock automatically if someone touches the handle and the key is in range. I can't take my valet key and leave the electronic one in the car because my car won't let you lock the electronic key in the car or in the trunk. The only solution that seems to work is leaving the electronic key at home and only bringing the valet key.
Those "convenience" features don't sound very convenient to me. I think you need a new car.

Back
Top Bottom