Anyone shore dive doubles in Broward?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Rob, that was mighty kind. Much appreciate that buddy.

and I will second the elitist attitude about being too poor or cheap to afford a boat dive. What difference does it make why a person beach dives or not? I'm trying to be really kind here, as what I want to say about your comments would probably earn me a vacation from SB. I think it's great you got a boat, you can dive where ever the heck you want to. that's awesome. good for you.
And for me, I will continue to beach dive. Yes. I am cheap and poor. you got a problem with that? Or should I just stop diving cause I don't live up to your standards?

I'm trying to be really kind here, as what I want to say about your comments would probably earn me a vacation from SB.
LOL, you know me very well and you know that I exhibited tremendous restraint in my own post!

I'm thinking that our rude detractor probably is not physically fit enough to beach dive and that's why he poo-poos it.

You gotta be tough to beach dive. It'll kick your butt! A long walk in gear, or a long swim...
the good news is on beach diving, I can do really long dives. No need to do double dips. Those that are on boats get less bottom time on two dives than I get on one!

Over the decades of beach diving, one consideration is the convenience. Not everyone can make a dive boat's schedule. And I think of the hundreds (thousands?) of times my pals would call me after work and say "sea's flat, let's get some bugs!" and in five minutes my gear was in the car and we'd meet at this or that beach and have a grand old time. This thread has brought up so many happy memories that I don't know where to begin.

Let's just say that if beach diving sucked that badly, there wouldn't be so many ScubaBoard posts about it.

Funny, I was expecting the manifold crew to blast me for using independent doubles when I started this thread, not a ghetto dive vs. boat dive salvo.
Suppose it's early still, page 3 and all that.

That translates to "I'm too cheap or too poor."

yes........but usually beach divers own their own gear and that counters your claim.

Desrat, no thread is without its troll! lol

yes........but usually beach divers own their own gear and that counters your claim.
And a tremendous number of beach divers either live on or near the beach, or travel here as tourists, which assumes that people that live on or near the beach or travel as tourists are not poor or cheap. They are just physically fit and have positive outlooks on life and adventure!

Soo.. last night at 10:30 I decided to dive this morning. So glad I am a beach diver. I loaded up my gear and went. No need for buddies, boats, etc. 2.5 hr dive. yeah! Couldn't do that if I was only a boat diver.

I've done the "3rd" reef (buoys) at commercial blvd and the various numbered streets south of Atlantic in pompano many many times. Did the swim once or twice a week for almost a whole summer one year..until getting a scooter ;-) Still prefer boat dives ...need more friends with boats. Sometimes a boat dive isn't available to me due to timing so off we go from the beach..

I use an overfilled LP95 for those dives. Once I did double them up at LBTS but didn't go out to the 3rd reef. That was a nice leg workout to say the least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom