Anyone that flew Divi-Divi recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question for you...

We checked our 2 big dive bags (48 lbs. each). They did not measure our carryons. The overhead space was small, but we were able to stow a US sized (slightly larger than international size) rollaboard and another carryon under the seats in front of us (yes, there was room). We put our 2 personal items in the overhead. The plane was pressurized and was about the size you would normally find used as feeders to hubs in the US. The whole check-in/flight process was efficient but run a bit less structured than in the US. Not unusual in the Caribbean. YMMV

We checked our 2 big dive bags (48 lbs. each). They did not measure our carryons. The overhead space was small, but we were able to stow a US sized (slightly larger than international size) rollaboard and another carryon under the seats in front of us (yes, there was room). We put our 2 personal items in the overhead. The plane was pressurized and was about the size you would normally find used as feeders to hubs in the US. The whole check-in/flight process was efficient but run a bit less structured than in the US. Not unusual in the Caribbean. YMMV

Wish I had booked with them. If I ever go back (given all the problems I've had with travel araingements over the years, I may not) I won't fly DIvi again. The puddle jump makes sense on Aruba Airlines though.

Happy, happy, happy!!!!! I finally asked my question with enough clarity and got a clear answer. I will be able to be sure that at least one bag comes with me. The other may or may not. But one for sure will. That's perfect. I can certainly live with that, even if the other bag is delayed 2 days - though I hope not. Now, with that worry gone I can get back to the excitement of a week of diving on Bonaire, and a week with my wife snorkeling & hiking on Aruba.

My life has been filled with terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.
-- Mark Twain

This has been one of them for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom