Anyone use a bike trainer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JB just bought me a Cycle-Ops trainer so I don't get too fat while he is gone.

I just set it up yesterday, real quiet and easy to get my bike into.

And the cars don't hit me. Haven't put the Garmin on yet, using the Polar HR monitor and the DVD (Carmichael).

Do I need to keep my tires pumped on this?

Mine is magnetic too. (vs hydraulic)

keep the back tire at the spec pressure(I stay 2 lbs under the max listed) and I use a cheap digital presure gauge I got from Target.
the front is the one I let get a little low(not totally flat) just a little low.

You could keep your front at the same presure you always keep it, I just was sharing that I found my handle bars were stable with a low presure on the front. I don't find that I need the front tire block.

HTH

catherine96821:
JB just bought me a Cycle-Ops trainer so I don't get too fat while he is gone.

It saddens me to know that you can buy an indoor bike trainer in Hawaii. But, I understand. I'm sidelined til Monday with a hand injury and have been riding the bike to nowhere in my garage even though the weather here in SoCal has been beyootyful!

...I know it saddens me too.

Jb gone, so I was riding alone...and I live on a 19% grade and was driving to the flat roads, which are busy and people kept trying to kill me.

I still ride a couple days a week, but this lets me burn some calories and get my HR up the easy way.

PLUS good for those one foot pedal exercises for getting the power on the lift.

DSC_0150-1.jpg

I use a spin cycle that has a built in heart rate monitor. I play xbox or use 2-5 kilo hand weights while spinning. Riding bikes on the road where I live is not an option that I chose to do. I usually train at about 70% of my max heart rate for 30 minutes 2-15 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom