Apeks 1st stage rotating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citykid

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that having a rotating turret, well, rotates. But after I have the 1st stage tightened on the tank (Din) the whole piece still rotates. I'm trying to route hoses but am unable to lock the 1st stage in any certain position. Thoughts?

Does it still rotate after you turn the tank pressure on?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

I understand that having a rotating turret, well, rotates. But after I have the 1st stage tightened on the tank (Din) the whole piece still rotates. I'm trying to route hoses but am unable to lock the 1st stage in any certain position. Thoughts?
im pretty sure there is no way to lock the turret in any one particular position

I might be wrong but I think the OP meant the Din connector still rotates when screwed onto the tank valve. The turret of course is designed to have free rotation during use (i.e. pressurised).

The DIN connection is loose. Tighten it a tad with the proper Allen key. If it leaks or loosens again, there is an o-ring behind it that should be replaced. Or just take it somewhere to be serviced.

I would agree. Sounds like the DIN connection is loose. I have the Apeks Tek3 regs & have had that issue before. My LDS I teach for has Apeks (yoke) regs in the rental fleet, that are less than a yr old. I would say 1/2 of them have had a loose yoke nut at one time or another. As was stated, you can tighten it down easily with a hex key, or in the case of a yoke,... use a crescent wrench or a proper sized socket & wrench.

Did you open the tank and put some pressure on it? I have Scubapro MK25s and they rotate, like you're saying yours does, until I open my valve. Once it has pressure on it, the first stage locks into place and I have to close the valve and purge any pressure in the lines before I can change it's position.

Hope this helps. Let us know what the issue was once you get it ironed out.

You see? This is why I go here. You guys are great! Once I pressurized everything, it was locked solid.
I did everything BUT turn on the air. :bash: Hahaha, oops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom