Apeks Black Sapphire 40yr vs Aqualung Legend LUX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never said anyone in diving retail makes 100% mark-up.
So, what does this mean?
Also the dive industry mark-up is generally 100% so the wholesale price is about half of retail.
Or this?
.. Besides the books there was a folder with price lists from various manufacturers. The markup was in general 100% across the board. So a regulator with a $400 MSRP would be $200 wholesale.
So far you laughed at me and called me a liar but did not provide any evidence to the contrary.

What I actually said was
The idea that dive shops make 100% mark-up is, as I say, laughable.
There is quite a difference between laughing at someone and laughing at an idea but sometimes if the shoe fits you should just go ahead and lace it up…
Do you have a source I can purchase them from? I wouldn't mind having two of the newer versions to replace the annoying 1/2 LP port of the TX/ATX version.

You asked the above and I replied with a price for a DST because TS/ATX came as standard with a DST first stage, why would I give you a price for an FST when YOU asked about a DST?
What is the wholesale price? Does the SRP include VAT?
SRP in the UK always includes VAT.

but did not provide any evidence to the contrary
I told you;
Prices come from the UK Apeks 2015 trade price list.
If you want the Apeks 2015 Trade price list then you should become an Apeks dealer, should be easy money, after all an LDS makes 100% mark-up!

Hickdive, your comments are laughable, I hope you are posting drunk.

1) I was talking to the OP about the difference between wholesale and retail (MAP) here in the US where we are both located. You are the one that brings up the margins in the UK which doesn't matter. I don't know or care about the market conditions in Glasgow. I am sure the OP doesn't either. Anyone means any person anywhere in the world can make 100% mark-up, I never said that. Please show me one US website from an authorized dealer that shows a price of a current inventory item at less than MAP.

2) The OP was deciding between an XTX-100 and an XTX-200, The 200 first stage has a removable orifice, the 100 does not. I told him if the orifice gets damaged that a new first stage is needed, you correctly pointed out that only a new body is needed. However you posted (along with a comment on how it won't break the bank) the UK wholesale price of a DST body which is irrelevant to the OP. a) He is not in the UK, b) He would be purchasing retail, c) It is the wrong first stage.

3) I don't need to be an Apeks dealer to get the secret Apeks Trade price list. Another poster was kind enough to post the wholesale prices for us. Actually, the markup is over 100%.

Your contribution to this thread has only been irrelevant information. I find it hard to believe that you are a "dive professional" or are from the UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom