Apeks BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stoiclown:
Nobody Said it was required, thats just what he teaches with, & until I become an instructor, & can teach how I want to, I use what the shop asked me to use.

Then just use one of his rental BCs and don't worry about it. :wink:

WaterDawg:
I dont think thats accurate. New students dont know anything, so the way they are shown first, is the easiest.

If donating the primary is the only way you do it, or have been taught or have ever known, its not hard to remember to donate it, not any harder than "remembering" to donate you octo

If you use that logic, an AIRII would be better then!
the air2 sucks no matter how you look at it. It breathes harder than a normal second stage. It's harder for one to work the inflater control while breathing off of it. And most of the ones I've seen aren't made well at all.

looks like a nice well designed rig. im quite interested in this one.

Randy,

I don't agree with you in this matter. I have four Air 2 at this moment. I don't mind using for the rec diving set up. Of course, it isn't the primary 2nd stage, but I am not sure how often you need to use your octo. Sure, it is a totally different story with DIR and tech diving rig.

Randy43068:
the air2 sucks no matter how you look at it. It breathes harder than a normal second stage. It's harder for one to work the inflater control while breathing off of it. And most of the ones I've seen aren't made well at all.

hoosier:
Randy,

I don't agree with you in this matter. I have four Air 2 at this moment. I don't mind using for the rec diving set up. Of course, it isn't the primary 2nd stage, but I am not sure how often you need to use your octo. Sure, it is a totally different story with DIR and tech diving rig.
to not-argee.
Perhaps a little more experience and you'll come to the same conclusion.

LOL~~~

How can I beat your diving skill? But, I don't think so.

Randy43068:
to not-argee.
Perhaps a little more experience and you'll come to the same conclusion.

I love my air 2's and they have been on all my bc's including my current bp/wing so I hope the DIR police don't bust me for it and lock me up in the DIR jail. And I still use that old DIR not approved 12" long knife.

cnctina:
I love my air 2's and they have been on all my bc's including my current bp/wing so I hope the DIR police don't bust me for it and lock me up in the DIR jail. And I still use that old DIR not approved 12" long knife.

hush hush, i havent discarded by titanium blue tang either. i dont do caves or wrecks so it wont pose an entanglement issue:)

hoosier:
LOL~~~

How can I beat your diving skill? But, I don't think so.
Well sir, I didn't mention diving skill, you did.
As I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Randy43068:

This is EXACTLY my experience with the Oceanic AirXS2. ( I have 2 that long ago were sent to the bottom of the scuba closet.) Without a doubt...work of breathing is significantly harder. Randy's also right about the difficulty associated with using the inflator/deflator while also using it as the "active" reg. Granted, a lot of us have the skill to do this...but it still adds to task loading.

I think of the Air2 as a decoration. Its main purpose is to make it "look like" you have a secondary reg. Its not there to actually use.

Despite all of this, one thing is for certain...there's nothing Hog about an alt-air inflator and there ain't nothin' more goofy than putting one on a BP/wing getup.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom