Apeks Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009

Contributor
Reaction score
Apeks is coming out with a new computer. I can't reme,ber the name. But if anyone knows anything about it please do share. I searched and could not find any other posts on this. Apparently it is a 2 gas switchable computer. ???

Are you sure you're not confusing it with the Suunto Vytec?
Apeks has always made regs and drysuit valves, but never a computer, however, both Apeks and Suunto are handled by Seaquest here in the US (probably Canada as well).

It would indeed be interesting if Apeks has decided to jump into the computer market.

Yes Apeks is introducing a new wrist computer that is gas switchable -

We actually saw it and another APEKS computer at DEMA however I do not believe it is going to be carried in the US as Aqualung carries the Suunto computers in the USA.

I don't know exactly when it is going to be released here in Canada but I am seeing my sales rep Sat. and can ask him for more details if you like.

Dive Source:
Yes Apeks is introducing a new wrist computer that is gas switchable -

We actually saw it and another APEKS computer at DEMA however I do not believe it is going to be carried in the US as Aqualung carries the Suunto computers in the USA.

Which DEMA did you go to? I was at the one in Miami Beach back in October, and I dont remember seeing them (maybe I am blind?)...

Hey Everyone.

Yup, there is a new computer from Apeks and I got my hands on it today.
I think it is only going to be available in canada as US has Suunto.

it is a great little computer.
I used it and the display on the face is big for such a low profile computer.
The numbers are big, it is nitrox, and it is a two gas computer.

There are two computers:
The Quantum and the Pulse.
Both are two gas and the only difference is the size.
The Quantum is like the Vyper.
The Pulse is like the Spyder. (watch style)
Both have the same functions.

I like the gauge mode also.

I think this one will sell well.

hope this helps.

tp

LUBOLD8431:
Which DEMA did you go to? I was at the one in Miami Beach back in October, and I dont remember seeing them (maybe I am blind?)...

Sorry it won't be available in the US due to distribution agreements and was only shown to Canadian dealers at DEMA and wasn't on display.

It costs less than the vytec and is made by Seiko ( same people who do diverite's computers)

I am a loyal Suunto guy but I think we'll get one in to try it out especially since it it is such a good price.

Hmmm . . . the "Pulse" bears a striking resembalce to Dive Rite's NiTek Plus (and quite a bit of the name spelling - just add an "e" and scramble the letters a bit) and the "Quantum" also bears a striking resemblance to Dive Rite's NiTek Duo - which have been available in the US for a while now - is the Apeks name what has everyone excited here? Or are they going to be significantly less expensive as part of the Apeks line?

Personally, I'm happy with my NiTek3 for what I use it for and am certified for, but I think the NiTek Plus would be my choice today, mainly due to size of unit and size of memory.

http://www.diverite.com/products/nitek/nitek_duo.htm
http://www.diverite.com/products/nitek/nitek_plus.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom