Apeks CTX vs. ATX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manny

Reaction score
I am curious to know whether there is any significant difference between an Apeks CTX 50 and an Apeks ATX 50.

I have been diving for over one year with a CTX 50. I recently purchased an ATX 50 model. They do not seem to have any apparent differences. I have not yet taken the ATX 50 for a dive, but I expect no real difference. I will welcome any comments regarding any significan differences between these two models. Thanks.

Dive safe.

There's no difference. The CTX regs were simply labelled different when the design was first released, for the German market I think, and they eventually all ended up being called ATX. The ATX50 and CTX50 are identical regulators, apart from the label.

They're the same, I have a few service kits at home. The kits I got from the US are labeled ATX, the kits I got from Germany are labeled CTX

there is a lot of confusion around this which can get you some deals. until 2 days ago lp was selling the ctx50 octopus for $125. that is $10 less than the atx40 and $25 less than the atx50 octopus. go figure. unfortunately they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom