Apeks Flight Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I have an Apeks flight regulator and use it everyday as I am an instructor. It has a slight freeflow and I want to open it to tune it down a bit. Unfortunately the great reg system which is designed to be opened by hand rather than with tools is doing my head in. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I can open it so I can just tune it down slightly. I would prefer it to be used with tools so I could just use two spanners but since I cannot can anyone tell me how to open it. I am sure I am being an idiot but I cannot find any information online telling me how to open it and my CD-Rom manual is not helpful enough.

Thanks all.

This might help, it's for the Titan but same attachment:

image.jpg

Please note that the hose attachment for Titan QD is not the same as Flight. They are different designs utilizing different removal procedures.

Spyroocuiv,
Detuning a Flight does not occur on the hose side of the second stage. It occurs on the the other end. I'm not going to get into servicing procedures for Flight on this forum. The Flight is unique in many ways including how it gets serviced. I strongly recommend that you take the service course and/or review the manual before attempting to work on this regulator. To do otherwise could risk damaging the regulator.

Please note that the hose attachment for Titan QD is not the same as Flight. They are different designs utilizing different removal procedures.

Spyroocuiv,
Detuning a Flight does not occur on the hose side of the second stage. It occurs on the the other end. I'm not going to get into servicing procedures for Flight on this forum. The Flight is unique in many ways including how it gets serviced. I strongly recommend that you take the service course and/or review the manual before attempting to work on this regulator. To do otherwise could risk damaging the regulator.

Oops, just assumed they would be the same, guess that makes me an ass. Thanks for the clarification.

Spyroocuiv, if you don't know how to service and adjust this regulator you better leave it. This one is pretty particular.

I guess I can help, send me a PM.

Good luck.

I have an Apeks flight regulator and use it everyday as I am an instructor. It has a slight freeflow and I want to open it to tune it down a bit. Unfortunately the great reg system which is designed to be opened by hand rather than with tools is doing my head in. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I can open it so I can just tune it down slightly. I would prefer it to be used with tools so I could just use two spanners but since I cannot can anyone tell me how to open it. I am sure I am being an idiot but I cannot find any information online telling me how to open it and my CD-Rom manual is not helpful enough.

Thanks all.

This may be an issue that will require more than just tuning. Search "apeks flight freeflow" in the apeks manufacturer forum. I had to bring mine in to the LDS to get a specific part replaced.

Back
Top Bottom