Apeks MTX-R Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If Aqualung wants to increase the market share of Apeks. The answer is very simple: make the spare parts readily available and introduce the service course to anyone by its authorized dealers/tec.

I would love to replace all my heat exchangers on my Apeks 2nd stages(x 6).

I might be able to get those for you, PM me if you want me to check it out.

Last edited:
http://www.apeksdiving.com/uk/images/downloads/owners_manuals/Owners_Manual_English_Iss_11.pdf

Interesting, no diver adjustments at all. Apparently this makes it "easier" to use, so happy about that, the Venturi and adjustment knob were so confusing.

Correction: has Venturi control but no cracking adjuster, sounds like an ATX40.

I met with my regional sales rep, he brought one in. You can install a standard cracking adjustment knob from a xtx regulator. Military requirements limited the features to "idiot proof" this. With the pneumatic balance you don't really need a cracking adjustment. Sorry for the revive, I just thought I had useful information to contribute.

I met with my regional sales rep, he brought one in. You can install a standard cracking adjustment knob from a xtx regulator. Military requirements limited the features to "idiot proof" this. With the pneumatic balance you don't really need a cracking adjustment. Sorry for the revive, I just thought I had useful information to contribute.

Useful it is, thank you. I like to tune them on the edge so an adjuster is useful to me. This information just made them more attractive, but not in the physical sense as they still look kinda ugly to me. I've been trying to get my hands on one to see how they look in the "flesh" but as yet no one here stocks them and is unlikely to. Interested in some user reviews, hopefully they'll come with time. Cheers.

Yes, I'm forever attaching hoses to the wrong ports, the labeling will save me lots of trouble. I don't see any labels for the LP ports, that could get confusing. Hopefully the turret will still turn without the arrows, I guess it would probably be covered under warranty hopefully it wouldn't mean you'd have to replace the turret.

Why?? I think they don't fit in the wrong port??

I like the look. Port arrangement shoud work out good for single tank background, maybe not so good for double back mount. Either way, not going to pay $8xx for it.

Useful it is, thank you. I like to tune them on the edge so an adjuster is useful to me. This information just made them more attractive, but not in the physical sense as they still look kinda ugly to me. I've been trying to get my hands on one to see how they look in the "flesh" but as yet no one here stocks them and is unlikely to. Interested in some user reviews, hopefully they'll come with time. Cheers.
I might be checking out some stuff at the LDS this week. They are the authorized APEKS dealer here in the region. Will check out the MTX-R and do a quick write up if that will be helpful.

I like the look. Port arrangement shoud work out good for single tank background, maybe not so good for double back mount. Either way, not going to pay $8xx for it.

Bud, you are kidding right? o_O

The first stage looks like a Harley knucklehead that the mechanic forgot to finish the rebuild. It is so ugly that I wouldn't dive with anyone with that reg because it will scare all the marine lives away.....

Then again, to each's own. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom