Apeks MTX-R Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, DanaHunt, do you know if it is in fact "field serviceable" and does it use the same service kit as TX, ATX, XTX, FSR,FST, DST etc etc? Does Anyone one have a schematic?

I have a partial answer, which is not entirely fulfilling of itself either. I apologize as time has been a commodity lately, we do salvage and commercial work mainly and the fun diving is neglected.

The short and dirty answer is I don't see a separate parts kit in my spare parts selection. The problem could be time, they just haven't updated it. I haven't got mine yet, we ordered 6 sets of pro hd and core supreme to our already new rental fleet. I will get on them for my self when I have time to get with the rep, as I'm ordering x2 mtx-r, o2-ds4, and a few other personal items.

Last edited:
I am emailing my rep now and should have answers soon, and I will relay.

Edit email sent, asked about the parts kit and my personal order :)

Last edited:
I will ask the local rep tomorrow at ADEX to see whether it is field serviceable or not. As well as the service kit.

Finally got to play with it today at the expo.

1) 1st stage is not as heavy as it looks - but it is still pretty heavy.

2) 2nd stage is roughly the same weight as SP G260. It does look a bit like the G line from SP aside from the heat sink. But it does not feel as solid as the G260.

3) The rep was a bit hem haw about the HP/LP marking getting rubbed off overtime and later sorta confessed that it will probably get rubbed off eventually given the harsh environment on a dive boat.

4) All the LP ports are on the rotating turret and the turret rotates 360 degree. I don't do side mount so I would not know whether this is a good reg for SM configuration.

It is still a pretty unpleasant looking regulator for my taste. I like the look of SP MK17/G260 better and I would think that it will offer similar performance to MTX-R.

But I have no doubt that MTX-R will be a great breathing reg and a hardy workhorse.

Definitely seemed weighty, but I think that's a function of it's shape in your hand and it being a hair on the longer side of things.

So, DanaHunt, do you know if it is in fact "field serviceable" and does it use the same service kit as TX, ATX, XTX, FSR,FST, DST etc etc? Does Anyone one have a schematic?
Just came back from the expo. Was told that MTX-R uses the same service kit as the rest. It does not require special tools either.

Just came back from the expo. Was told that MTX-R uses the same service kit as the rest. It does not require special tools either.

That's good to hear. I'd love to see one in the flesh but very very hard to find here. Those that do sell Apeks here I don't think are official distributors so prices are gangster. Scubapro is king.

I'd stick with SP. With your set up, I don't think you can go wrong.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 229
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 233

Great to hear, where was the show at?

I need to get on the ball!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom