APEKS Regulator Recall Notice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you that bought Apeks regs between Feb 2000 and June 2008 -

This is limited to those 2nd stages/octopus that have not undergone an authorized annual service.

It has come to our attention that an incorrectly assembled 2nd stage has been purchased. If you have an Apeks regulator or octopus that has never had an authorized annual service, regardless of how recently purchased, please take the regulator/octopus to your Apeks dealer to be visually inspected.

All Apeks dealers and distributors have been made aware of this issue. Do not dive with the regulator until it has been visually inspected. Apeks apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to making the world’s best diving products and ensuring diver safety at all costs.

I believe it is the same one. I heard about it, and the recall is due to a missing retaining ring on the diaphram. You know, one of those things that's not really that important...

I could be wrong though...

Better safe than sorry.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom