Apeks Tek 3 Cold / Deep Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using TEK3's for cold water diving in Norway for the past year. Excellent gear. 100% reliable, and as others have noted: The hose routing is simply wonderful.

FYI everyone, MSRP on the TEK3 package has gone down about $200 for the last quarter of 2009. I guess they're starting to recover the startup/casting costs.

For some reason in Canada, 2 x DS4/XTX50 cost almost the same as the TEK3 package. After you factor the proper sized hoses you get, the overall cost is almost the same.

I'm still looking at getting the TEK3 package, but I'm also considering 2x Atomic M1s. I'm using DIN Oceanic CDX5s firsts with Delta4 and GT3 seconds.

One of my dive buddies loves his TEK3s, and I even had the please of breathing from them during our Adv Nitrox/Deco course....

My Tek 3/TX100/TX50 combo worked fine down to 100+ m in 4° C. Unfortunately they have been stolen.

Service Kit costs € 24,00 (1st stage), € 11,00 (2nd stage)

Apeks are apeks are apeks. The 2nd stages are all identical internally from the AT20's to the XTX200's. The difference as you move from one model to the next is the addition of user adjustment knobs and heat sinks for cold water use. The first stages are all basically the same as well. Your XTX200 (FST 1st stage) is internally the same reg as a DS-4 and a DST once ou add a turret. The tek3 1ststage is a DS4 with a different set of ports machined into it.

I've used Apeks past 250' and love them. I also use a combination of Scubapro's in the same ranges and love those too. That being said, you can push trimix through a Sherwood Brut and it will breathe well. Any high end reg with pneumatically balanced 2nd stages will serve you well in the lakes. Enviromentally sealed diaphraghm 1st stages are preferred in the cold water up here, especially in the winter and in water colder than 35 deg F.

Apeks may be expensive to service if you are buying kits, but buy them new through a dealer and the kits are covered by the manufacturer. Scubapro offers this as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom