Apeks tx100 vs. scubapro 20/600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterdogs

Reaction score
Looking to purchase regulator for "future wife", both of these have rec'd a lot of positive threads here, but still just researching.

Any comments for both or vs. either.

Also which octo would you recommend with either.

thanks,

waterdogs

I just traded my TX100 for an ATX50/DS4. I like the DS4 a bit better than the TX100 first stage. I like my TX40 back up too. I highly recommend Apeks regs (especially the DS4 firsts) :thumb:.

Good luck.

Mike

FWIW, my wife will use the ATX50/DS4 once she gets certified.

I think that scubapro's are pretty much about the most expensive but all that performance comes at a price. Apeks are a good quality reg but I have breathed better. Alot of the technical divers and instructors are using D400/mark 20 and poseidon jetstream's.

Just my 2 cents:jester:

NINJA:D

If you want the BEST regulator that Breathes the EASIEST at all Depths and obliterates the Apex regulators I would recommend the S600!

I've dove it past 300ft. I've dove it under the Ice, and have done some of the BEST wrecks and Caves all over the world.

Its got a more reliable 1st stage (Flow through Piston) which gives you more air flow going to the 2nd stages. It has an antifreeze kit in the first stage, and has the ability to do any type of diving you could ever get into.

Its got a little lighter second stage with a more comfotable mouthpeice. And did I mention it breaths better?

Lost Yooper is right the TX50 does breath a little nicer than the TX100. But why go Apex when you can get a Scuabpro?

The new line of Scubapro regulators can't be beat. They are simply the BEST reg's money can buy.

I wouldn't dive anything else, nothing else is worthy. I don't know how any other brand expects to beat this regulator!

:auto:

So, both are excellent, now it becomes cost vs. preference.

Recommendations: tx50 with tx40 as octo? or s600 1st with what octo?

Originally posted by Matt
If you want the BEST regulator that Breathes the EASIEST at all Depths and obliterates the Apex regulators I would recommend the S600!

I've dove it past 300ft. I've dove it under the Ice, and have done some of the BEST wrecks and Caves all over the world.

Its got a more reliable 1st stage (Flow through Piston) which gives you more air flow going to the 2nd stages. It has an antifreeze kit in the first stage, and has the ability to do any type of diving you could ever get into.

Its got a little lighter second stage with a more comfotable mouthpeice. And did I mention it breaths better?

Lost Yooper is right the TX50 does breath a little nicer than the TX100. But why go Apex when you can get a Scuabpro?

The new line of Scubapro regulators can't be beat. They are simply the BEST reg's money can buy.

I wouldn't dive anything else, nothing else is worthy. I don't know how any other brand expects to beat this regulator!

:auto:
ROTFLMAO!!!

I curretly own the S600/20 and I love it. The only thing that I don't like is that it has a tendency to free flow but it also breathes easier then anything that I have ever tried to breath off of. I don't think that you will find the Mk20 anymore though. Scubapro has stopped making it and has gone to the Mk25 which I hear only makes it better.

We are new divers. But I wanted to get the best equipment for my wife.

I was looking and i saw the Mk25/s600, but i didn't know if that reg was to techinal for her, we will be doing warm water carribean diving only.

I've also looked at the Apeks reg's and heard from this board alot of good comments;so is the tx100 with tx50 or 40 octo a good system for a newbie? And, is the mk25/s600 to technical for a newbie?

which one?

waterdogs.

I don't think there is such a thing as a reg being "too technical" for a newbie. Just read the manual. There is such a thing as spending more money than is necessary though. The TX100, TX50, ATX lines will all keep up with any reg out there and cost less -- mucho less (less than $250 easy) if you know where to go and what to order :wink:.

You would want the TX100 with a TX40 octo. You don't need an adjustable octo (TX50). Personally, I would recommend the TX or ATX50 with the DS4 (rather than the TX100 first as the primary -- just my preferrence).

Good luck.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom