Apeks vs Atomics

Which brand do you prefer?

• Atomic Aquatics

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Apeks

Votes: 57 64.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoku once bubbled...
Thanks everyone! I have decided to go with the Apex...still a little bit indecisive about going for the ATX50 or the ATX200... Not really sure if the extra bells and whistles are worth an extra $150. Any advice?

No it's not worth. You can find a good description of differences in this forum.

hears the deal buy the best you can afford if you can aford the ATX 200 get it you wont go wrong by the way even though I thoughly love my apeks I do now others who love ther atomics too so both are good quality regultors I just partial to the one I know the best .

Go with the Apeks, cannot say enough great things.

Oh, and buy from a dive shop (a good and fair one). Even the manufacturer says that they don't warranty anything purchased over the net. Is it really worth a few cents?

Do u know the deference between Apeks TX 50, TX100, TX 100 Instructor and TX200

Browsing the web I found this information:

The first stage on the TX100 is a radical departure from the cylindrical body and turret shape that are common to both the TX40 & 50. The beauty of the chunky first stage is that the ports are designed in such a way as to allow the hoses to be routed downwards and so stop huge great loops of hose sticking out around the divers back. The first stage is environmentally sealed. The second stage hasn't seen as much of a radical overhaul as the first stage and is of a similar design to that of the TX50.

I didn't find (on quick glance) anything about the "instructor" version - I never heard of it either.

TX 100
Sharing the same technical features with the TX50 2nd stage, but lighter, with improved ergonomics, a reduction in breathing resistance, and a re- designed heat exchanger, offering improved performance, the TX100 is the flagship regulator in the Apeks range. The TX100 has proven ability in demanding situations and has been down to a depth of 254 metres - a world record depth in the ocean for scuba regulators.
The radically re- designed first stage, finished in satin chrome, has the top performance of the TX50 first stage in a compact design which incorporates 2 high pressure ports, and 4 medium pressure ports angled for optimum hose position. New easier grip hand wheel and dust protector incorporating a spare 'EPDM' cylinder valve '0' ring.
TX 50
The TX50 has been one of, if not the best performing regulator in the world for a number of years, due to its pneumatically balanced 2nd stage with integrated venturi system and diver adjustable cracking resistance control.
With this level of control it is possible to tune the regulator to your personal breathing requirements.
The excellent cold water performance of the TX50 is due to the highly efficient heat exchanger system on the 2nd stage and the dry, environmentally sealed 1st stage. Four medium pressure ports are mounted on a swiveling turret with two high pressure ports on the body. The first stage also has a unique personal identification facility. The TX50 uses the DST first stage (AP0230) with either DIN or 'A' clamp fitting. Details of the DST first stage can be found in our technical section.
The replacement of TX100 and ATX100 as our flagship regulator.
Amongst serious professional and military divers Apeks is renowned as a manufacturer of superior, high performance breathing regulators. So a new compact regulator range from Apeks not only has to exceed all current European Standard EN250 Criteria, it also has to be better than its predecessors. The ATX200 spearheads the new ATX range. Aesthetic conditions alone have never been enough for our designers. You can't tell how good a regulator is by looking at it. The new ATX200 uses all that is good and successful in the TX100 and with typical Apeks attention to detail, combines this with new ideas and materials to produce an even better regulator.
As with the ATX100 and the ATX50 the ATX200 retains our well proven combination of diver adjustable venturi and cracking resistance controls. The Integrated Venturi System (IVS) controls the air flow through the second stage, allowing air to flow directly through the mouthpiece or be re-directed against the diaphragm. The venturi therefore acts as a pre-dive switch. Set in the minus position the second stage cannot freeflow if accidentally dropped in the water. When the diver begins to use the regulator the lever can then be switched to the plus position and the second stage then gives full Venturi assistance to the diver, reducing breathing effort. The Cracking Resistance Control (CRC) adjusts the spring load on the valve assembly and so varies the cracking resistance. This eliminates the need for a heavier spring and thereby again reduces breathing effort.
Both the first and second stages of the ATX200 are balanced and the regulator offers excellent air delivery no matter what the dive conditions.
A new feature is the MICRO-ADJUSTER. This allows each and every ATX200 regulator to be precisely adjusted by suitably qualified and authorised personnel to give optimum performance.

than a manufacturer's blurb for our gear purchase decisions.

That's why we come to the board, to exchange personal reviews of various equipment.

Getting feedback from people who have actually dived specific gear is far more helpful than reading a cut/paste job from a sales brochure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom