Apeks vs Atomics

Which brand do you prefer?

• Atomic Aquatics

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Apeks

Votes: 57 64.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the CTX100/CT20 Combo at a bargain price (from a dealer with full warranty) through ebay earlier this year. I must say I couldn't be any happier with a reg.

Nonetheless a friend of mine who tried it once wasn't quite happy with the mouthpiece...

Walter

i would go for the apeks. i have a buechat and would probably get an apekatx200 same price with my buchat.
also dir recomendeds the apeks

I just got me another ATX100 as a backup-reg. AFAIK the differences between the ATX100 and the ATX200 concerns only the design, which I thought wasn't worth the extra-$...

I have several sets of regs, in refference to the ones you are discussing i have

Apex TX 200
Apex TX 50
Atomic B1/T1
Posiedon Jetstream

Apex TX200 work great down to 400 feet
Apex TX 50 I use for a deco reg down to 100 feet good working unit

Atomic B1/T1 Works the best above 330 feet, below that you tend to get a CO2 buildup, above that they are the best breathing reg of the bunch

My Posiedons are set with a high intermediate pressure and work great down to 400 feet. in water shallower than 100 I don't like them.

If all my dive where above 300 feet I would use the Atomics, they breath so nicely, as for cost, or reputation, I don't really care I try to get the best reg for the dive it will be used for. As for servicing, I service them about four times a year. it is a small price to pay

Before my professional level courses I purchased several regs including two Apeks regs. I was so unhappy with those regs (see other long postings on my experience)

During my professional level courses I was influenced by 3 course directors 1 each for DM, AI, and OWSI - all of them dove Atomic, and raved about it. I got a chance to try one, and one time was all it took.

I bought the T1/T2 X and I couldn't believe how much of a distant 2nd the Apex was to Atomic. I have been using my Atomic now for 15 months and I am very happy. It is so light and compact, I just had the M model exhaust diffuser assembly added to replace the original. This has done a complete job of redirecting the bubbles around my hood - eliminating the only complaint I had. I just wish all of you could try a side by side comparison for yourselves.

well I recently tried some of the new atomics there junk in my book my apeks atx 200 works great and yes that was this lasty month at 120 feet they breath allot harder than my apeks do

The Rodales scubagear testing labs :doctor: rate Atomic #1. I have tried many regs (but not Apex) and find Atomic the best I have used for ease of breathing in various situations.

well the one i tried was the M1 its just didnt feel right didnt breath as easy as my apeks sorry guys dont care what any one else said its not right for me as for rest info not sure as its was given to me to try and three others from our local dive shop they two all agreed and each of them dive with apeks too maybe i give it another try but will be in few months .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom