Apeks vs Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divetech99

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the Apeks counterpart of the SP560/MK21 regulator?

Which would be best for single tank, warm water, with potential for Tec use in the future?

Thanks for any advice.

I dove Scubapros for many years without issue. I switched my two primaries over to DS4/XTX 50s for their cold-water performance, but the sealed first stage makes it ideal for salt water too. I also like the ability to adjust the flow on the second stage, but that maybe isn't that much of an issue on warm water.

You really can't go wrong with either.

DS4/XTX50 - with perhaps a 40 as secondary is a reg set well suited for anything from cold water rec to serious tec. If you want more bling, more ports or a rotating turret 1st stage, you might consider a 100 or 200 set, but the value/price ratio takes a noticable dip.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Storker, 100/200 doesn't have the turret and the only extra ports over the DS4 are the extra HP port. The DST/XTX50 should be about the same cost as the DS4/XTX50. If you want to go tech in the future, buy it in DIN

Storker, 100/200 doesn't have the turret and the only extra ports over the DS4 are the extra HP port. The DST/XTX50 should be about the same cost as the DS4/XTX50. If you want to go tech in the future, buy it in DIN

Thanks. Both DS4 and DST have 2 HP ports, right?

The DS4 has only 1 HP Port. The DST has 2 HP ports and the option of adding a 5th LP port on the bottom of the swivel which can be better for hose routing in some uses.

On this side of the pond, the 50 2nd is normally bundled with the DST or DS4 1st, while the 100 2nd is bundled with the FST 1st and the 200 2nd is bundled with the FSR. Regulators

Both the DST, the FST, and the FSR have four LP ports and two HP ports. The DST is turreted. Apeks First Stage Regulators | Simply Scuba UK

---------- Post added September 19th, 2015 at 05:16 PM ----------

[-]if you want to go tech in the future, [/-]buy it in din
ftfy :)

Thanks. So it seems that DST with XTX 50 is the way to go if using Air Integrated computer.

Would the price be comparable to a SP S560/MK21 setup?

where are you located? There are much better options than either of those two brands if you're in the US.....

Thanks. So it seems that DST with XTX 50 is the way to go if using Air Integrated computer.

Would the price be comparable to a SP S560/MK21 setup?
Here in the U.S. we can get the SP560/MK21 for $539. An XTX50/DST lists at $595 but since Aqualung is their U.S. distributor I don't think there's much discount off that since their website price is what they sell it thru their dealers for. Aqualung dealers can service Apeks gear also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom