Apeks WTX D18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uno1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am interested in comments about this wing from those who use or have used this wing. Most of my diving is warm water. Either with rash vest shorts or max a 3mm wet suit. Weights 4-7kg. Occasionally do colder fresh water dives/ 7mm suit, 5.5kg. So it appears to be more than suitable for my diving needs. Pros or cons.

I have one. It is lovely for warm water, thin suit. Don’t know about with a 7mm, I have not tried. It might depend on how big you are, how deep you are going and how squishy the wetsuit is.

I have one. It is lovely for warm water, thin suit. Don’t know about with a 7mm, I have not tried. It might depend on how big you are, how deep you are going and how squishy the wetsuit is.
Thanks Ken. How is it on the surface. Ie floating on your back.

Thanks Ken. How is it on the surface. Ie floating on your back.
Fine.

I have used it with no suit, a shorty and a 3mm suit in warm water. It is the only single wing I have so it also gets use in the pool and in lakes with a drysuit. I used it in 20C water recently with a drysuit as I didn’t want to discover it didn’t have enough lift for a 6mm suit the hard way.

I would not use it in the U.K. sea though, too small.

It is a very nice wing. The fittings and build are nicer than the other wings I own or have used. One of the people in our club just bought the 30lb version and will be trying it in the pool for the first time tomorrow, so I am prepared to recommend them to people I actually dive with :)

Fine.

I have used it with no suit, a shorty and a 3mm suit in warm water. It is the only single wing I have so it also gets use in the pool and in lakes with a drysuit. I used it in 20C water recently with a drysuit as I didn’t want to discover it didn’t have enough lift for a 6mm suit the hard way.

I would not use it in the U.K. sea though, too small.

It is a very nice wing. The fittings and build are nicer than the other wings I own or have used. One of the people in our club just bought the 30lb version and will be trying it in the pool for the first time tomorrow, so I am prepared to recommend them to people I actually dive with :)[/QUOT
Thanks Ken. Your quick responses are greatly appreciated.

My wife has this wing.

For a fact it will work for warm after diving unless your over 250 pounds and really need a lot of weight.

Im 210 and take a lot of wieght to begin with I packed on 20 pounds of weight and hit 90 feet with all the lift I needed. Its super compact I want one as well.

My wife has this wing.

For a fact it will work for warm after diving unless your over 250 pounds and really need a lot of weight.

Im 210 and take a lot of weight to begin with I packed on 20 pounds of weight and hit 90 feet with all the lift I needed. Its super compact I want one as well.
Thanks for your input. At 200lb I should be fine then.

Purchased the wing today. Have a trip coming up next month. I will post my thoughts on the wing.

The D18 is no longer imported to Australia by the distributor. It was a surprise to the dealer who was unable to source the wing. Have purchased a Argonaut 18 instead.

Back
Top Bottom