apeks xtx50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank u guys, my wife whants me to buy her the aqualung mikron (pink) do u guys now somenthing about its performance....

The 50, 100 and 200 are not the same. There are similarities in the 2nd stages, but the first stages have some minor differences:

50 - The 50 can have a DST 1st stage (swivel) or a DS4 1st stage (no swivel). The DST has 4LP & 2HP ports. The DS4 has 4 LP & 1 HP port. Some people don't care for the DS4 doubles routing with certain tanks and manifolds.

100 - In the 1st stage the 100 (FST) is a little larger and heavier than the 200 (FSR) but has exactly the same hose routing. Both the 100 and 200 have 4 LP ports & 2HP ports.

200 - The 200 has good hose routing, but isn't as low profile as the 100. It has a removable valve seat that the FST doesn't have.

No biggy but... the XTX50, 100 and 200 2nd stages are identical internally and the only diffs are cosmetic, i.e Chrome or satin XTX symbol, face plate and # badge. The XTX100 (FST) and XTX200 (FSR) 1sts do not have exactly the same hose routing, they are similar but not identical. Cheers

Lungs - the

Lungs - the Mikron is a lovely little regulator (and I mean little...light, too, which is perfect for travel). The first stage is a balanced diaphragm while the second stage is pneumatically balanced...in other words, at depth, your wife won't feel like she's drinking pea soup through a straw. It also fetaures a breathing effort adjustment knob, which is handy - she can turn it right down in order to minimize the risk of freeflow. Another groovy feature is its Miflex hose, which comes as standard - not that you'd want to, but the hose is flexible enough to be tangled and tied in a knot without sustaining any damage.

One possible downer is that although it features four medium-pressure ports, which allow for primary and alternative second stages, BC inflator and drysuit whip, it has only one high-pressure (HP) port. If your wife has an air-integrated computer, she'll need a regulator with a first stage that features two HP ports, and should consider regs other than the Mikron.

Apart from that, it's truly a great regulator. Two of my bosses at the aquarium owned these regulators, and gave them glowing reviews. I envy your wife!

I'm using the xtx200 tungsten and have the octo xtx50. I wasn't able to tell the difference. Best breather i have ever tried. Atomics is similiar but i didn't like the thick hose and the way it felt in my mouth. Only qualm i may have with Apeks xtx200, is that the reg is larger comapred to other regs on the market now. But then again, it is a function of larger diaphram = mechnical advantage when breathing.

Besides the mikron, the apeks also have the Flight, which will have 2 HP ports. However it isn't rated for cold waters. Am thinking of getting the Flight for my gf too, or the xtx 50. Have rated them above the mikron as they have better WOB, i believe the 50 is about 0.63 joules and the flight is 0.80. the mikron is 1.0 something. the servicing for apeks is two yearly, hence it should save you costs over the long run and make up for its higher upfront price comapred to the Apeks brand.

Yep, I own several - DS4s, ATX50's, ATX200s, FSRs, XTX50's, XTX100's, FST's... Then a variety of other regs from Dive Rite, ScubaPro, Dacor, and more.

The XTX50 with a DS4 is a phenominal workhorse. No complaints whatsoever. Great reg in every way.

Aside from cosmetics, the XTX100/FST is identical - but with "tilted" ports on the first stage that I like... But the additional expense for a couple of tilted ports is questionable.

Without a doubt, you'll love this reg.

Apeks make great regs, I have 6 pairs

100 - In the 1st stage the 100 (FST) is a little larger and heavier than the 200 (FSR)

IIRC the FSR is actually slightly heavier than than the FST by about 80 grams

The XTX50 with a DS4 is a phenominal workhorsel

The XTX50 is usually paired with the DST for retail

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom