apeks ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joens

Contributor
Reaction score
In Vance Harlows book on scuba equipment repair [excellent book by the way] he mentions that from every manufacturer there is a value reg and a overpriced gadget reg[usually]. in all the lines I am familiar with that seems to be true . My question is in the Apeks line which regs are the value regs[ the ones that are a solid reg at a good price that will stand the test of time]. I am thinking seriously about getting one ore more apeks regs but I dont know personally anyone who has any and I am not sure which model to get.
joens

joens once bubbled...
In Vance Harlows book on scuba equipment repair [excellent book by the way] he mentions that from every manufacturer there is a value reg and a overpriced gadget reg[usually]. in all the lines I am familiar with that seems to be true . My question is in the Apeks line which regs are the value regs[ the ones that are a solid reg at a good price that will stand the test of time]. I am thinking seriously about getting one ore more apeks regs but I dont know personally anyone who has any and I am not sure which model to get.
joens
IMHO, the ATX/TX50 is a good, solid reg for the money. I have two and have never had a problem with either of them. I also have a TX40 and it is a nice reg as well. I have never heard anything bad about the 50s though..

I have a few TX50's, never had a problem, I like the way they work, I like the simplicity of them.
Dave

-
I have a set of DS4/TX50 that I have rigged for doubles. I just purchased a G250/MK25 setup for my doubles and the Apeks breath much better. I think thats a great combo for the money.

AFAIK (and I really only have experience with two Apeks models..but), all of the Apeks second stages are very similar. The T20/AT20 is their lowest end model, and has a valve spring adjust knob and comes with an unsealed first. The TX40/ATX40 adds a heat exchanger and a sealed first, and the TX50/ATX50 adds a cracking pressure adjustment knob. The TX100/ATX100/ATX200 are Apeks' highest performance regs, but they're not obscenely expensive gadget regs. For that matter, the AT20 and T20 aren't exactly el cheapo regs, they're the A/TX40 models without a heat exchanger. They're suitable for fairly deep diving. All of their regs should be as bulletproof as any.

Personally, I dive the DS4 first stage with a pair of TX40 seconds. I think I'd like to have an ATX40 as my backup since it's smaller than the quite large TX40, but I appreciate the TX40's excellent bubble dispersion. This is a regulator set (first + two seconds) I bought for less than $240 brand new, but it performs magnificently. I haven't tried the 100 or 200 models, but the 40 and 50's are fantastic.. You really can't go wrong with an Apeks.

Back
Top Bottom