Apollo Bio neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbkremer1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am wanting to buy one of these neck seals. Does anyone know what size to get for a 14.75 inch neck? The medium is for 11-14.5, the large is for a 15-17 inch. Im in the middle there. Dont want it too tight to cut off blood to my head but again, too loose defeats the purpose. Does anyone have any info about this product. Thanks for any input out there. Keith

Are you putting these on a wetsuit with an unattached hood covering the seal? If so, a little on the loose size [meaning not skin tight] probably wouldn't be an issue because the hood acts as a seal over the neck seal. And even so, if the wrists and ankles are covered by gloves and booties there wouldn't be any significant flow in/out the neck anyway.

If you dive the tropics and all the suit openings are uncovered for some reason there may be an issue of waterflow and increased skin cooling after several dives - but a loose neck will not matter if the uncovered ankles and wrists are loose also as most wetsuits are.

I'd vote for going on the loose side, unless these seals can be trimmed.

If you're putting these on a drysuit it's a different story.

Its for my drysuit with neo seals. When I turn my neck, water leaks in. Read that this would help prevent that.

Back
Top Bottom