Apollo bio-seal ... does it work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK..noob to dry suit question. Would buying a neo neck seal and use it in place of the Bio seal work?

I really doubt that you would notice the seal life being shortened with the bioseal. It does stop seepage, not gushers, And it is just plain comfortable. The directions are a little scary I supphose, but I would'nt take them too seriously. It certainly helped me out, and saved me a bundle in the deal.

The first time I had an allergic reaction to my neck seal, I thought I'd been stung by a jelly. And my neck seal on my dry suit leaked a bit, so the bio seal was an obvious choice. Neither has been a problem since then, and the relief from the pain, not getting that extremely unsightly rash, and being warm and dry after a dive is definitely worth the extra $$ I'll have to pay for a new neck seal somewhere down the road.

Thanks for all the replies ... before buying the thing, I was a bit concerned that I had received more input from merchants and manufacturers (mostly via PM) than I had people who had actually used the Bio Seal. While I think that advice is worthwhile, real-life experiences are far more reliable.

I will forward these responses to my friend and ask her to give it a try.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Kind of seems like her only other option is a new neoprene seal, I figure, why not try out a $40.00 cure first. It really did work out very well for me, im also going to get the wrist seals as well.

After seeing how much Shane like the neo seal on his geoducking suit (along with the elimination of the hangman rope burn on his neck) I decided to try a neo seal. I have them on both my suits now. Not only is it warmer and more comfortable but drier too.

Well, she put seven dives on the Apollo bio-seal over the Christmas holidays ... and I have to say she gave it an unqualified two thumbs up ... she said it's comfortable, and that it addressed the chafing problem.

Thanks everyone for your input ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm having the same issue with my neck. Didn't happen at first, but after 40 or so dives with a latex seal my neck started to get the ring. It hurts, and looks like hell. I'll have to get one of these...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom