Apollo Bio-Tank Lock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Burke:
I am really surprised the moderators have let you run this infomercial for this long.

Last time I checked this was a public forum, and anybody could post what they wanted, regardless of who they work for. MDB is proud of his product, and he has every reason to be. If you don't like it then simply don't use it, and let it be.

Don Burke:
I'll say.

I am really surprised the moderators have let you run this infomercial for this long.

mdb hasn't broken any of the board rules for advertising. He's answered a direct question(s) about his product. Now if he had started the discussion, that would be a different matter.

We actually encourage businesses to participate in our forums and help educate our members about the various products on the market. As long as their only participation isn't just about their products, they are more than welcome to answer questions.

Dee
Advisor

Dee:
mdb hasn't broken any of the board rules for advertising. He's answered a direct question(s) about his product. Now if he had started the discussion, that would be a different matter.

We actually encourage businesses to participate in our forums and help educate our members about the various products on the market. As long as their only participation isn't just about their products, they are more than welcome to answer questions.

Dee
Advisor

Well said Dee. :wink:

I really don't see the problem with the product mentioned...if you don't like it, don't buy it, if it appeals to you, buy it...no big deal. "Can't we all just get along?" :eyebrow:

Dee:
Really? Please point out the questions that were asked to illicit these posts:
mdb:
Yes, of course, a properly adjusted cam buckle can work fine. The Apollo bio-tank lock has ten times the torque of any cam lock. Some divers may prefer this better solution, others not. No need to get your panties in a twist. All we all want is a few nice dives, good water, and good dive companions. So, if you are doing it right, doing it better, or simply just doing it, enjoy your diving and stay safe. mdb
mdb:
Don: A properly adjusted cam lock should work fine as you have pointed out. For those divers who are interested in a tank lock with ten times the torque of a cam lock and an easy adjustment we offer: http://www.apollosportsusa.com/Prod...s/Tank_Lock.htm

Of course there are other ways to secure a tank. We offer this as one solution to a very old problem. No diver wants their tank going in one direction while they are going in another. I've used 4-5 different types of cam locks over the last 30 years. I've never used anything more secure or easier to adjust than the Apollo Tank lock. Of course I am biased in this regard. Whatever you do; make sure your tank is good and secure and enjoy your diving. mdb

mdb:
String: Of course you have never tried a bio tank lock. Divers who are interested should actually dive using the bio-tank lock. A few quick turns and a very secure tank. Having used cam locks etc for 30+ years I welcome the new technology.
I will save you some time. There are no questions to go with these posts.

Now we can talk about why this thread was not moved to the Tanks, Valves and Bands forum.

Apollo Bio-Tank Lock?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have experience with the new Bio-Tank lock?

It looks like a better, easier system for securing a tank. I was sold by the concept, so I just ordered one on the Web. Now I'm wondering if I got "sold." Before I mount the thing on my BCD, I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Thanks.

I'm surprised that no one has brought up what I see as the primary feature of the bio-tank lock ... the fact that someone with less than robo-grip hands can latch it.
As a lot of you pointed out , a properly adjusted buckle will hold your tank fine , but it takes some considerable amount of force to do it. I can see a market for this if your tired of struggling with it

DB

Don Burke:
Really? Please point out the questions that were asked to illicit these posts:
I will save you some time. There are no questions to go with these posts.
Actually Don there were. His first post was answering a complaint a user had opening the device. His second post was answering Wristshot's question
What dimension do you mean to say there?
Finally in his third post be begins to answer those who are attacking the product... nothing wrong with that at all.

But I could have saved my self the trouble of reviewing the whole thread and just read the first post to find a question:
Does anyone have experience with the new Bio-Tank lock?
Shoot, I could have saved myself from even having to open the thread to find a question since the title is: Apollo Bio-Tank lock?

Another case of, "what's good for one is not good for another" I myself have used the bio lock for over a year now, and it works pretty good. I never have to "pre wet" my bc before cranking it down. The amount of holding power on the tank is incredible. The only problem i've had is trying to switch tanks. I use a pony bottle, and the quick release mount that you pre install on the cam band gets in the way when you try to lift your bc off of the tank. To all the nay-sayers, if you don't like it, because you haven't tried it, don't bad mouth it.You have no basis to give an opinion.

Curious about diving it with a pony. Did you have to do anything in particular, or is it just slightly more cumbersome with the bio lock? Is there still enough strap to mount a 2lb in a pouch on the other side of the tank, for balance?

Thanks.

In my case i think it amounts to too much stuff. I have the quick release pony mount, with the stainless steel mount, that part (the base) stays on the band. The pony tank has a mount on it, and it disconnects from the main tank with two pull pins. The base seems to take up all the slack from the strap/band. It just makes it a chore to slide up and off the main tank. Depending on what style of pony mount you are using, you should have enough slack for a counter weight, but i use a 40cf pony on one side, and have never felt "off balance".

I just got back from a week of diving Kona with the Apollo bio-tank lock. It worked perfectly. Easy to slip on the tanks, easy to tighten closed.

Back
Top Bottom