Closed Apologies and order (?)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weekend got away on me, a dive was had, boy it's freezing. I've no work tomorrow so will reply to all messages tomorrow, Monday my time.

98ECE9E3-F1D1-458D-BD36-B2D72BD04BF4.jpeg

Weekend got away on me, a dive was had, boy it's freezing. I've no work tomorrow so will reply to all messages tomorrow, Monday my time.
what undersuit are you using these days?

Was wearing 3 merino thermal layers and a Santi BZ200 (?) but yesterday used a thermal fusion, boy it was tight in my O'Three neo suit but warm I was with just that and 4th element xeotherm base layer. Buoyancy needed no additional weight. It's a PIA to get into much like the fusion suit I imagine. Water 14 degrees.

PS this is my first crushed neo rear entry suit and it will be my last. I regret the purchase. Custom made was spendy, poo.
What don’t you like about it, beside the price? I’m still using my seaskin ultra which fits the same profile. But I think the “neoprene drysuits have inherent warmth” is highly overrated, especially if it’s only 3 mm thick. I’m with you; I feel like it’s hard to stay warm at 14C! But I weigh a lot more than you!

What don’t you like about it, beside the price? I’m still using my seaskin ultra which fits the same profile. But I think the “neoprene drysuits have inherent warmth” is highly overrated, especially if it’s only 3 mm thick. I’m with you; I feel like it’s hard to stay warm at 14C! But I weigh a lot more than you!

My weight has not changed since I was 16, I had the suit cut to fit, then low and behold I put on 8kgs so now the once snug fit is tight, my trilam santi had room to move somewhat.

I do a lot of solo diving and now need someone to zip me up, I don't like needing others, it has put a dampener on my dive when ever I want style.

Totally agree on the "increased" warmth, I found the difference to be negligible, in fact, due to fit I could more easily add air for warmth in my santi, not so much with the O'Three.

It's heavy, it takes ages to dry, the zip, brass heavy duty, requires the strength of a mountain gorilla to do up and it's very easy to get undergarments caught in the zip.

Require more lead to sink.

The zip requires more care.

It's stiff across the shoulders, I can feel the zip, like I'm on a coat hanger.

The only upside I can find thus far, although only had it two seasons, is that it "seems" more robust, my santi would develop pin hole leaks if I looked at it funny.

Easier to get air trapped down low.

All in all I don't enjoy diving it.

Santi, all is forgiven.

To be fair though, O'Three were great to deal with, top notch customer service and they bent over backwards to give me the specs I asked for, no fault of the suit if that makes sense, I guess that's just the nature of the beast with that type of suit.

Very expensive lesson learned. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom