Closed Apologies and order (?)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be fair though, O'Three were great to deal with, top notch customer service and they bent over to give me the specs I asked for, no fault of the suit if that makes sense, I guess that's just the nature of the beast with that type of suit.

Very expensive lesson learned. YMMV.
I love my Othree suit. It is custom and fits like they dipped me in neoprene. I can use the suit for buoyancy and air escapes easily as it expands in the perfectly fitting suit. I don't like the buoyancy control that baggy suits require, so the 2.1mm neo made to measure is a dream for me.

I love my Othree suit. It is custom and fits like they dipped me in neoprene. I can use the suit for buyancy and air escapes easily as it expands in the perfectly fitting suit. I don't like the buoyancy control that baggy suits require, so the 2.1mm neo made to measure is a dream for me.
It’s not cold? What do you wear under it?

I really prefer neoprene dry suits for the warmth, I can tell and the even buoyancy characteristics but really hate rear zip, few options.

It’s not cold? What do you wear under it?
I wear merino wool underwear (Helly Hansen LIFA thermal) on my skin and Polartec fleece over it. I can last 30 mins in 3°C, which is enough for me... :)

I really prefer neoprene dry suits for the warmth, I can tell and the even buoyancy characteristics but really hate rear zip, few options.
I went back to rearzip because the suit fits like a second skin that way. I had several front zip suits both trilam and neo, and they had more arm motion and obviously are self-donning, but they must be cut wider. I discussed a frontzip custom with Othree and it won't feel the same. Since I don't dive alone and have no trouble reaching my valves, I am good. For people diving with 400gr thinsulate, then the suit must be cut wider and they can just as well go with frontzip. I owned about half a dozen custom drysuits over the years, and went back to (compressed) neoprene.

I love the smell of neoprene in the morning... Smells like... adventure! :wink:

Oh, but back to Scubapro parts...

I knew after the Santi it'd take some getting used to but I'm into season 2 with around 50 dives on it so I guess it's as good as it's going to get for me, which isn't as good as I'd hoped. Having said that I'm not quite as precious with its treatment other than zip care and it is allowing me to dive so I guess I should be grateful for that.

Maybe my request for the heavy duty zip was a mistake. Also I had the sitech quick neck (?) fitted which restricts movement. I also had the kubi fitted dry glove system installed which I do not regret.

And yes, back to parts, it's on my list yet to do today, it will be done.

PS need more requests though, it's currently a bit slim...

Back
Top Bottom