Apple (computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
After 20+ years in Software/Systems Engineering and having, um, endured Windoze and Internot Exploiter since late in the last century I finally, for various reasons, bought a MacBook. Wow. Just .... wow. :D

Welcome to the club! :wink:

I bought one last April and I love it. When it came time to install my new operating system, it took like 2 clicks and 10 minutes. When my boyfriend who is a computer engineer updated to Vista (regrets it), it took two days and he had to take his computer apart. Mac's rule!

I love mine.

Come into the light, be not afraid...:D

I've been using Macs for about 8 years now. I understand how you feel GM.

It's a good company to work for too! :wink:

I'm happy to hear you like your MacBook GM. I was a convert about 10 years ago when I started working for them and I see why people are such MacHeads! :D

:zen:

Thinking about that right now- couple of questions-

Whats the boot up time like on a macbook?

Anyone know if nortel has a VPN client for them?

Is there a word processor and spreadsheet packaged with it?

Whats the boot up time like on a macbook?

17inch MacBook Pro, 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.2

With my Auto Login off and me typing my password in, about 51 seconds for complete bootup. From a cold boot, Auto Login on, 42 seconds.

Anyone know if nortel has a VPN client for them?

I don't know if Nortel has a VPN Client for the Intel based system. I know they had one for the PowerPC Generation that worked in Tiger(10.4).

Is there a word processor and spreadsheet packaged with it?

It does not come with one bundled. Just trials. There are 2 options for Word Processing and Spreadsheet out of the box. You can get iWork for $79(Apple's version of a basic office suite) or Microsoft Office 2008 for 400-500 bucks :11:. You can also download and install OpenOffice or NeoOffice which both are free and actually work pretty well.

Hope this helps,

Buck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom