Apple (computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tc246

Seems so: clicky. No way to test it since I don't own a mac anymore :crying:

But since I'm still struggling with netscreen's vpn client under vista (and I need it desperately), it can't get worse on a Mac.

I've had my MacBook for about 6 months. I wanted something compact for dive trips. It took some getting used to. Unfortunately, at about the same time, I got a new PC with Vista. I've given it away already, but it was good for one thing--easing my transition to Apple products.

OK, bit the bullet and got a macbook.

Took about a whole 10 minutes to set it up.

As usual I haven't read anything remotely looking like instructions and haven't needed to so far. Had it up on USC's wireless net pretty much instantly, took just a little longer to get the sprint wireless card going, had to go find a driver.

So far so good.

Macs rock!!! I've been a Mac user since 87! I'm on my third Mac! Before that, I had a C-64 with the 6502 chip!

A Commodore 64? :confused:

Prolly with a 300 baud modem, too, eh?

I started with a Vic-20.

I think the modem was a 110 though. Always had trouble getting the phone handset to sit straight in it.

I had a C-64 and I was the coolest kid on the block! :wink: AHH, the good ol' days of BASIC. I remember when Wargames came out and I jumped up," THAT IS MY MODEM!!"

My parents looked at me like 'oh brother.' :rofl3:

5 REMl
10 POKE 53280,0:pOKE53281,0:pOKE53272,23
20 INPUT "Press any key to reboot..."; A$
30 SYS 64738

Yeah the good old days- when you had to pay long distance tolls to get on the information super dirt path and all you got were ascii bulletin boards!!!

I guess I was a whacked out kid- for some reason, I decided it would be fun to learn assembler and machine language on the C-64??? Then I "tricked out" my machine by installing a switch that would short out the soft reset pin on the parallel port so I could recover from crashes, or just peek into the memory. Another nice feature was that the 1541 disk drive had the same processor and could be programmed and daisy chained for all kinds of fun!! Those were the good old days!

Back
Top Bottom