Apple Watch Ultra 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought an Ultra 2 yesterday, primarily for longer battery.

Battery life is massively better. Changed the way I think about the Apple Watch.

Are these costs for the app current?

IMG_0535.jpeg

Yes, that's current pricing.

Side story: went to visit friends last month, they suggested we go scuba diving for a day trip. didn't have my dive gear but had my apple watch ultra.

Have about 35 dives so far on my ultra. Deepest was 35 m. No plans to go deeper than that. Ultra works fine for my needs as a backup DC.

Battery life is massively better. Changed the way I think about the Apple Watch.

No sh*t. I’m loving it.

Just to be clear – I’m not talking about the Apple Watch Ultra 2 battery life specifically. I’m talking about Ultras 1 & 2 – they both have far better battery life than the non-Ultra models.

Side story: went to visit friends last month, they suggested we go scuba diving for a day trip. didn't have my dive gear but had my apple watch ultra.

Unexpected dives are a good use. Not long before getting AWU I was at a relative's house on a N. Carolina lake. Summer, hot, & they had a dock. Also, mask & fins, which didn't interest the other swimmers. But for me, the eternal question arose: what's going on underwater here? So- why not?

Deep end of the dock was at 15-20' & I took a look around. 3-4' visibility- boring lake stuff, except for a big submerged tree stump in front of it (former reservoir). The relative seemed shocked later when I told him about the stump. Looking around underwater was clearly an exotic concept. If I'd had the AWU already, I'd know pretty closely how deep it was, what the surprisingly cold temp under the thermocline was & how many dives. It’s all obviously trivial here, but still nice to *always* have a device.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom