Is Apple Watch physically capable of pairing with a transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasharks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Apple watch Ultra owner. It too bad that there's no air integration. I'm guessing or hoping that maybe it just isnt ready for public release yet.

But is it even capable? I'm not sure what specific hardware related parts are needed to connect to watch to the transmitter. Anyone familiar with those specifics that can offer some insight as to if it is even possible?

Tanks!

Apple watch Ultra owner. It too bad that there's no air integration. I'm guessing or hoping that maybe it just isnt ready for public release yet.

But is it even capable? I'm not sure what specific hardware related parts are needed to connect to watch to the transmitter. Anyone familiar with those specifics that can offer some insight as to if it is even possible?

Tanks!

Wrong post.

It’s theoretically possible someone could make a pressure sensor that reports via sound that the AWU could pick up. As always, breath holding not recommended.

But is it even capable?
Apple ultra used BT 5.3 which is in the giga hertz frequency. Many tank transmitters operate in the lower kilo hertz frequency (lower & slower great for underwater). Ultra doesn't have the hardware for that currently

This topic has been DEEPLY discussed here on ScubaBoard already at:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom