Apple Watch Ultra 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You probably need to pick one of those.
Not really. Something can be clearly true while the opposite is theoretically possible.

That thing flapping about in the sky is clearly a bird, but if you insist it might be a government spy drone masked as a bird I have to concede that's theoretically possible. Not sensible or likely, but possible.

Clearly you're not even aware that you're expressing an opinion.

Uhhh...... Duh. Obviously I am expressing an opinion. Hello? That still doesn't mean I or anyone else in this thread is expressing hate.

But, like I said, it is normal that extremists cannot distinguish between a point of view that is objective and in the middle and a point of view that is extreme on the other end of the spectrum. To extremists, any opinion that is not closely aligned with their own appears to be "opposite".

it is normal that extremists cannot distinguish between a point of view that is objective and in the middle and a point of view that is extreme on the other end of the spectrum.

That's a lesson you might benefit from.

Until Apple releases an actual API, trying to decide who's to blame for the shortcomings of the current implementation, Apple, Oceanic, or both, is just a guessing game. While there might be hardware limitations to be dealt with, I'm thinking an app written by Shearwater, for example, would look much different.

Until Apple releases the actual API, trying to decide who's to blame for the shortcomings of the current implementation, Apple, Oceanic, or both, is just a guessing game.

I'm putting my money on:

"3-trillion dollar international tech icon doesn't want to get blamed for the guy who just picked up his PADI "Deep Diver" cert.

I'm putting my money on:

"3-trillion dollar international tech icon doesn't want to get blamed for the guy who just picked up his PADI "Deep Diver" cert.

I guess we'll see whether getting blamed for an accident resulting from a dive computer that unexpectedly (by the diver) quits working mid-dive, by DESIGN, is more or less likely than whatever you are speculating they would get blamed for if they made their computer work ALL the time.

I expect it will come down to what a jury thinks a "reasonable diver" would expect from their dive computer, regardless of what any documentation may say.

What exactly is it that you think they would get blamed for, if their dive computer worked all the time?

Until Apple releases an actual API, trying to decide who's to blame for the shortcomings of the current implementation, Apple, Oceanic, or both, is just a guessing game. While there might be hardware limitations to be dealt with, I'm thinking an app written by Shearwater, for example, would look much different.

They don't have a published API that supports reading the pressure sensor? Does the API not work when the AWU is underwater? Or not work when the AWU exceeds 130 or 145 feet?

I'm thinking of the time before Garmin made the Descent and someone wrote a Dive app for the Fenix (that worked by reading the Fenix pressure sensor). IIRC, it was available for a little while, until Garmin decided they didn't want people using the Fenix for actual scuba diving and removed the app from their ecosystem.

Anyway....

Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time.

Still :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Apple says this (from: Sorry - Business - Apple):

What a joke. It is "water resistant" to 100 meters, but you can only dive it to 40 meters? Apple thinks people SWIM to 100m, but only dive to 40m?

And "water resistance" is not permanent? LOLOL!!
I'm not an Apple fan, but I feel they deserve credit for admitting it. Of course, it's not permanent. It probably depends on a rubber o-ring or gasket. The products aren't intended to be serviced (which is a separate problem), so eventually, the thing won't be water resistant anymore as that rubber ages and cracks.

That's just a guess, as I don't have handy FCC technical documents talking about the water resistance features to go by.

Back
Top Bottom