Apple Watch Ultra and Oceanic+ App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully the new functionality will be transmitter support:

IMG_0969.jpeg

So very unlikely so I’d settle for dive exports.

Anything special you need to do to get your watches' logged dives to show up in the iPhone app? I figured it would happen automatically but alas they are not.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they broke syncing as I had a recorded snorkel on 4/12 before the update. Post update my 3 dives yesterday are missing from the iPhone app, but on the watch.

Reactions: AGT
My dive this morning was synced immediately to the phone app, didn't need to do a manual sync. However I have had dives that didn't sync for many days. Reported this to Huish but no answer from them.
Dive ending at 1m still occurring for me, so today's dive which was a shallow shore entry meant I had to manually restart the dive 5 times as we navigated over shallow rocks while heading out. Interestingly, when exporting the dives using AWU2UDFF, only two dives recorded which matches exactly what happened - main dive then surface at marker buoy while others mucked about then back down to head into shore.

Ok, mine finally synced right on the last day of my trip, after my last dive. Better late than never I guess.

I guess I didn't dive below 3m then back up so maybe me reporting the early dive end isn't accurate. One thing I did notice is on two dives I forgot to press the action button to confirm I'm ready to dive until well into the dive. I'm happy to report that when I did press it during the dive, it reflected the dive from when I entered the water, so was already at 5 min, which matched what my perdix said.

Ok, mine finally synced right on the last day of my trip, after my last dive. Better late than never I guess.

Glad to hear it resolved by itself! Next time you can also do a manual sync by going into the app on your iPhone, select Settings, then Account, where there is a “Sync to Your Watch” button.

I did two dives the other day where the morning dive automatically synced to the phone, and the second dive required manually syncing before it showed up.

Glad to hear it resolved by itself! Next time you can also do a manual sync by going into the app on your iPhone, select Settings, then Account, where there is a “Sync to Your Watch” button.

Thanks! Yeah I was looking all over the app and didn't see it. Everytime I tried syncing to the cloud the app would freeze. Now that works and sure enough sync to watch is there plain as day.

Nice update out for the app that directly addresses the surfacing-dive stop behaviour, promised 'custom' watch face now available etc..

Thank You for using Oceanic+. We listened to your feedback and made the following improvements:

• Dive data now records from the moment you hit the water, logging every time you go beyond 1 meter (3 feet), even if you press the "action button" mid-dive.
• Dive ends with a five-minute countdown starting once you reach the surface. To end your dive, wait for the countdown to finish or press the "action button." If you want to continue your dive, simply descend again, and Oceanic+ will pick up where you left off.
• Scuba mode is now the default setting once you purchase a subscription, eliminating the chance of auto-launching into snorkeling mode.
• Manually enter GPS data and view one of the GPS points in the logbook using the Maps application.
• Quick install of our Watch face with all the app complications for easy access to all features, including no-fly time and surface time information.
• Minor bug fixes

Nice update out for the app that directly addresses the surfacing-dive stop behaviour, promised 'custom' watch face now available etc..

Much needed improvements! Also automatically starts logging a dive after 3 ft depth, no need to hit the Action button to confirm “I am fit and ready to dive.” Someone on the legal team is having a panic attack right now.

This gives me hope Huish really is listening to user feedback and is dedicated resources to improving the app beyond localization languages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom