April 23rd on Noula Express in Deerfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matts1w,

I think I'd start being afraid now, they are mixing Rum and Tequila at the same party. You know, the US Department of Defense made that illegal about 15 years ago and we had to destroy our entire stockpile of NAPALM. You think some people would learn...

I once saw Krista get her normal 'bounty' of Tequila from an unsuspecting newbie, then Marvel brought the Rum. The result wasn't pretty and I hear the owners of RAMPAGE tried to blame it's sinking on the hurricane. I know FEMA is quite liberal with taking care of claims, but the jury is still out on that one - something about how DRINKING hurricanes is different than trying to survive one. Picky if you ask me.

You only have a day left to get your affairs in order buddy. I'd recommend a good lawyer and thank the Gods that BaitedStorm won't be joining us. If she were, we would schedule West Palm EMS to meet us at the dock - BEFORE departing for the dive!

Grins and giggles

Lee

PS - Can I have any equipment that isn't damaged?

KBeck:
Hey, quit hijacking my thread!!!! :D:D

I'm so sorry - it won't happen again - back to hibernation for me. :11ztongue

Now, what can I do for penance?...

Now, what was that about tequila, boys? :wink:

Ah yes, there it is! :wink:

KBeck:
I NEVER mix Rum and Tequila. Tequila and Triple Sec, sure. Rum and, well, more rum of various flavors (Vanilla Rum is quite yummy, I've found). But Rum and Tequila? Tsk Tsk. You have some learning to do, young man. :wink:

KBeck- I mix tequila and rum all the time. Have you never downed a Long Island Iced Tea? Most Long Islands use both tequila and rum. In fact, when I bartended after college for a few years I made a bunch of drinks mixing rum and tequila:

The Adios Motherf---er: vodka, rum, tequila, gin, blue juice, sour mix, Sprite.

Mexican Surfer: tequila, malibu, pineapple, grenedine

Most of the punch drinks sold on touristy :sunset cruises "contain some for of tequila and rum.

Now tequila and jagermeister (called Nazi F--- or a Nazi Taco) is a truly evil drink.

A buddy of mine does tequila with a splash of tobasco (called a Prarie Fire). Sickening.

I'll bring Jose with me, but y'all better play nice.

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.

Matt

Hoya97:
I once saw Krista get her normal 'bounty' of Tequila from an unsuspecting newbie, then Marvel brought the Rum. The result wasn't pretty and I hear the owners of RAMPAGE tried to blame it's sinking on the hurricane. I know FEMA is quite liberal with taking care of claims, but the jury is still out on that one - something about how DRINKING hurricanes is different than trying to survive one. Picky if you ask me.

I specifically enjoyed your use of the word "Bounty" and the comparisons between drinking Hurricanes and being in Hurricanes.

I am really sorry that I worked through this dive weekend and missed the opportunity to meet a new conch.

I did get to see the results of Drinking Captian Morgan x3, Taking Four rather powerful sleeping pills, and then to balance that out some Cocaine. Then he turned himself in to my custody so I got to ride in the shiney red truck and watch him sleep with wires, tubes and machines that go "BING" for six hours...lemme tell ya that is a fun time woo weee...

Orlando Eric:
I did get to see the results of Drinking Captian Morgan x3, Taking Four rather powerful sleeping pills, and then to balance that out some Cocaine. Then he turned himself in to my custody so I got to ride in the shiney red truck and watch him sleep with wires, tubes and machines that go "BING" for six hours...lemme tell ya that is a fun time woo weee...

I'm really sorry that I missed the pre-Ocean Fest party at Marvel's house. But Eric, doesn't talking about fellow Conch Divers like you did in the quote above violate some sort of professional standards, considering the job you're in. mmmm, when I saw Vicki later on that evening, she didn't look as bad as what you describe above. Guess some folks can recover faster than others.....

Are you working this weekend?

Lee

It was really great to meet everyone and I had a fantastic time. Hopefully next time I will plan better, wont leave the West Coast at 4 AM, drive accross the state, dive all morning, and then wonder why I am so exhausted around 12:30 in the afternoon.

Hoya97: Did you get any pics of that big green eel at the wreck? If so could you send one or two to my email: schaf_Matt@yahoo.com

I look forward to diving with y'all again.

Matt

Matt,

It is always a pleasure to dive with competent divers - and you certainly fall into that catagory! Anytime you hear of another dive, feel free to join us, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Will be scanning in a good pic I got of the Moray. Unfortunately, it isn't the full critter, but IMO it's still a good shot. Will forward to you this evening.

Cheers!

Lee

Matt, the offer of couch/spare room always stands. You'll find quickly we all share couches and such pretty often.

I didn't realize the Noula was so broken up; sorry guys if it was disappointing! But those conditions were so incredible, I was just enjoying that viz. I don't think I've seen that since the first year I was certified.

Thanks for coming out guys; now you know why I like Capt. Tony so much......he's a great captain and never pushes if you need to cancel for illness/weather.....

Krista the wreck was not disappointing at all and Captain Tony was great. It was a pleasure meeting you and i am looking forward to diving with you again. The viz was amazing, it felt like i could see for miles. I was really impressed with the 2nd dive as well. Thank you for setting up a fabulous trip.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom