Aqua Lung Black Diamond BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its what makes you feel comfortable. To me comfort improves my diving ability. Rent a couple of bc's that are similar to what u are looking and try to go with what makes you feel comfortable. If you are planning on tech diving in the future get a wing. Otherwise a balance is great and a BD is great.

I ran a BP/W for about a season, then went to a back-inflate based on streamlining desires. Didn't care for them because of the forward down push at the surface. I couldn't just relax there, always had to keep kicking no matter how much trim weight I put in. Then I went to Stabilized Jacket and was much happier. Couldn't tell any difference at all for streamlining.

Check out DivemasterSupply.com: Buoyancy Compensator BCD at Discount prices, Weight Integrated Buoyancy Compensator, Back Inflate BCD
There's smoking gear-packages there too.

This was 5 year old post dudes. And for the record back inflates of any kind do not "push you forward". You push yourself forward by trying to put too much air in the wing. Usually a result of overweighting in the first place and being under the mistaken idea that more than your chin needs to be out of the water.

Wow!! In my 20 years of diving, I guess I never learned how to properly weight myself (sarcasm). Thanks so much for making that assumption. I guess I'll dump some of the bricks and rocks out of my BC pockets and see if that helps (sarcasm again).

Seriously though, when I have a 7mil wetsuit on, I don't have the forward-down push problem. Maybe you have more belly flotation than I do. But I most frequently dive with a shorty and almost no weight at all. That's when I have the problem. You can love your back-inflate if you want to, but I don't have to. Dive with what's comfortable for you, not what someone else tells you is cool.

balance is great. maybe consider that as it is more minimalist as comapred to the balck diamond

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom