Aqua Lung Blades 2 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WI Scuba Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
West Bend, WI (about 30 miles north of Milwaukee)
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to replace my original AL Rockets with something that has a slightly bigger foot pocket and is a little easier on the ankles, legs and knees for recreational diving. I've dove the rockets for years (since day-1) so I am very familiar with the characteristics of those types of fins (ie: SP Jets). I am thinking about Aqual Lung Blades 2 since they seem a good choice between price and characteristics.

The popular choices here in the "favorite fins" thread (outside of jets) seem to be the Mares Avanti Quttro, Atomic Aquatics split fins, Apollo Bio-Fins, Force Fins, and to a lesser degree the TUSA x-pert zoom split fins and turtles.

I'm curious though, virtually no one choose the Aqua Lung Blades, yet they seem to be very popular with divers in the real world. Why is that? And is there some reason I shouldn't consider them?

Thanks!
Dave

Dave,

I have a pair of the original AL Blades (all black) but to be honest I'd have to check to see what size they are.

I too have the Rockets and still use them. Alternate between the Rockets and a pair of Force Fins.

Don't use the Blades any more but they're still in pretty good shape.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig into the gear locker to verify the exact size.

Footslogger:
Dave,

I have a pair of the original AL Blades (all black) but to be honest I'd have to check to see what size they are.

I too have the Rockets and still use them. Alternate between the Rockets and a pair of Force Fins.

Don't use the Blades any more but they're still in pretty good shape.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig into the gear locker to verify the exact size.

Hi, I'd be interested if they fit and the price is right. I wear an 11 boot. The rockets used to fit OK when the booties I wore didn't really have much of a sole (and I think my feet have gotten a little wider or my arches taller). Now they sit just a bit too far down the foot for my taste. So anyway, let me know if they would fit and how much you'd like.

Thanks!!
Dave

The original Blades are GREAT fins. I have never used the Blades II's, but from what I have heard and read they were not recieved as well as the originals. Wonder why they discontinued a winner.

WI Scuba Dave:
Interesting, so maybe I should specifically look for a pair of original Blades then.
I would. Scubalab years ago ranked their performanc up there with the Mares Quatros. This was before the splits really made their way on the scene.
The blades II did not fair very well in the ScubaLab tests if I recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom