Aqua Lung Legend or Titan LX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bibendum

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I am getting ready to buy my own gear. As far as the regs go, I have it narrowed down to the Legend or the Titan LX. I am relatively new to diving - got certified a year ago - I dive in Monterey, shore diving mostly, and will be doing some diving in the Channel Islands as well.

Is one of these regs better than the other for the type of recreational diving I do? Some have told me that I will not really be able to tell a difference between these regs, so I should save some money and go for the Titan LX. Recommendations?

Thanks!

The Titan LX (not the regular Titan) has the same second stage as the Legend. However, the first stage is different. The Legend is much better at depth. If you're not exceeding the recreational limits, there's no big difference. However, the difference is obvious at depths like 60m (200ft).

I have a Titan LX and it breathes great! FWIW, the Titan LX scored the same as the higher end Legends regarding breathing and ergonomics. My secondary is a XS Scuba TriMetal and it is equally as good.

Can't go wrong with AL, however, check the thread that has been getting much attention on AL treating their dealers.

Bibendum:
OK, I am getting ready to buy my own gear. As far as the regs go, I have it narrowed down to the Legend or the Titan LX. I am relatively new to diving - got certified a year ago - I dive in Monterey, shore diving mostly, and will be doing some diving in the Channel Islands as well.

Is one of these regs better than the other for the type of recreational diving I do? Some have told me that I will not really be able to tell a difference between these regs, so I should save some money and go for the Titan LX. Recommendations?

Thanks!

I use the Titan LX, but I hear good stuff about the Legend too... Of course, I don't plan on going below rec limits for a while :)

Thanks to everyone for the advice on the regs I was looking at.

I decided to go with the Legend in the end, and was able to get the free Octo deal. My dive buddy went with the Titan LX and got in on the free Octo deal as well.

So now maybe I can try the Titan LX to compare someday.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom