Aqualung hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Pete....

What tune are we supposed to sing this too???

And what's a snorkle???

"Too many dollars and not enought sense!" (The diving anthem)

Snorkles and snorkle vests are used by snorkel dorks, and sometime by those teaching the same or even OW candidates. HOWEVER, the use of snorkel keepers goes FAR beyond mere snorkels. Those that have dangling secondaries (not the bungeed secondary regs of death, used by them thar cavers) can use them as a quick and easy retainer for such. The list goes on as long as your inventiveness holds out.

Other than the tune, can anyone think of any item that would be useful to take along? This toolbox is always undergoing an evolution of sorts. Some things go in, others go out. No room though for adjustable wrenches... :tease:

...replace your save-a-dive kit with a plane ticket to Florida and let NetDoc mend your gear!

I have something you don't mention: pens for marking gear. Mostly they're in the box because I have to keep them somewhere, but I figure they might be useful in a 'save the second dive by still having all the gear you used for the first one' sort of way.

Zept

I finally got to dive with my reg today! What with the typical Singapore viz (1-2m), and an overweighting problem on the first dive (see Zept swim, see Zept sink like a rock), and the fact that my buddy and I went off on our own for the first time, instead of following the divemaster (hurrah!), I didn't actually spend much time pondering its performance. Air came out of the bits air is supposed to come out of. Air didn't come out of any of the bits air isn't supposed to come out of. Guess it works, then.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the hose problem.

Zept :wave:

Pete,
My kit looks a lot like yours. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing sometimes. I spent too long fixing scuba gear for a living so I have to bring enought to completely overhaul a reg! BTW, flare wrenches were my choice of tool when there was enough room to get them onto the hose. You have to grind a couple of the sizes so they go over the hose ferrule. For the tool kit, tappet wrenches are cool cuz they're thin and pack more easily in the tool box. One more thing, bicycle pin spanners. Made by Park, get a red and a green one.

Neil

Geez, almost forgot the original question! Proper torque for hoses is 35-40 inch/lbs. That's just slightly tweaked from bottomed out.

that I am not the only URT fanatic on the board. Tappet wrenches have evolved into today'sa "long wrench". With NO american and few foriegn cars being produced without hydraulic lifters (cam followers) adjusting tappets is a thing of the past. Although I haven't checked a recent Snap-On, Mac or Matco catalog, I doubt that they are even being made. I still have a 9/16" and 5/8" old style from SK. They are in my antique section...

BTW, thanks for the tips on the pin spanners. I have been "making do" with regulator specific tools from Peter Built and then using the snap ring pliers to do the rest. I do not feel comfortable with the latter.

Pete,
Craftsman has a set of not-too-long tappet wrenches. For the type of use they're going to get, even URT guys like us can stand to own that brand. Besides, they'll be hidden in the tool box.
In MY antique section I have some recent cool acquisitions: a USD double hose reg body tool; body/case lockring tool for same; TWO intermediate pressure gauge adaptors for DH regs.

Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom