Aqualung Kronos first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can someone enlighten me on this reg? Internally what is it/compare to? I know a lot of Aqualung regs are nearly the same internally and I was wondering if this was a new design or an upgrade from something older.

I use to have a XIV first but then I went to an SE first because the port configuration made hose routing easier. Then I needed a second HP port so I went with a SEA first but I really like the way the XIV and SE came out perpendicular to the tank instead of doing that 90 degree thing that a lot of regs are doing today.

I noticed that the kronos is more of that barrel style that I liked with the ports radiating out around it so I was thinking about picking one up. Are the HP ports on it side by side or are they separated by an LP port? How would it work with my old conshelf seconds?..I also have a new legend second that I could use with it-not sure what would be best or what to look for in the different models of kronos regs.

Thanks for any input.

Looking at the 06 parts catalog (assuming its a "newer" one) it's basically a Titan/Conshelf inside- same guts.....same main guts as the Legend for that matter. No problem at all using the Conshelf seconds, assuming the IP constant amoung the regs...or readjust the second.

Cool-thanks.

What about the arrangement of the HP/LP ports? Are the HP ports next to each other, on opposite sides (I would assume)?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom