Aqualung Leg3nd Elite or Atomic ST1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first regset was an ST1 and T2 Octo. Very nice regset and one i'll never part with. It now serves as my wife's regulator or a loaner.

I stopped using it as I wanted to go to a long hose and wanted to get away from the Atomic's swivel hose. I switched to an M1 Yoke. I will give a nod to the ST1 over the M1 for the Yoke feel. The machining, smoothness, and thread buildup to the yoke is quite superior to the M1. They breathe the same.

I've since moved to an Apeks XTX200 Yoke with two XTX seconds as my single tank daily driver. The M1 Yoke is now a backup/loaner.

My tech kit consists of three DIN M1s. This lets me do backmount, sidemount, coldwater, and keep a third reg for "dirty" 50% use. I keep a clean Apeks XTX50 for anything above 50%.

My main reason for switching to the Apeks was that my local dive shop owner preferred to service it and its what he uses himself. So he services and O2 cleans my Apeks stuff and i send my Atomic gear back to Huish for factory servicing on a much lower service interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom