Aqualung Legend LX ACD vs Apeks XTX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have an opinion on which is better and why? I can buy either for the same dirt cheap price, and may just get them both. I know there are other reg manufacturers, but these are what I can get without paying much.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Both fantastic regs, i have the legend supreme, (cold water version) and it's great :) But apeks is fantastic too, our club uses those :) I just got the legend because it was cheaper at the time.

Isn't the legend just a redesign of the apeks 200 series after Aqualung bought Apeks? Having said that I still prefer the Apeks.

The first stages are pretty much identicle.
The Apeks has the automatic "needs service alert."
The Apeks 2nd stage can have the hose routed from either side.

The Aqualung has the ACD system which prevents moisture from entering the 1st stage.

Which cosmetics do you like better? They are pretty much the same beyond that.

BTW...I wouldn't mind knowing where to get either of those regs "dirt cheap.!"

I just had to make the same decision last week when aqualung came to the shop. I went with the Apeks. I have dove both in the past and just preferred the Apeks

Divedoggie:
The Apeks has the automatic "needs service alert."
I believe only the Apeks Status has the useless alert. The regular XTX does not and is alot cheaper.

pescador775:
What about the bubble vision problem with Apeks second stage? Has that been solved?
The XTX comes with your choice of user changeable long and short tees.

Divedoggie:
BTW...I wouldn't mind knowing where to get either of those regs "dirt cheap.!"
Straight from Aqualung...we get 20% off wholesale...so I can get either for about $220.

Back
Top Bottom