Aqualung Legend LX ACD vs Apeks XTX 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just had them come and the ambassador program they offered us was 40 percent below wholesale. I just sent my paperwork in this week

GRRRRR, you instructors get all the best deals and the girls too. :(

Girls??? We get girls??? One more reason my wife gets jealous of all the diving I do without her.

xSandman3:
Straight from Aqualung...we get 20% off wholesale...so I can get either for about $220.

How do you get that? (since when did they do 'straight from Aqualung' direct sales?

What's this Ambassador program?

Saskia:
i have the legend supreme, (cold water version) and it's great :) .

Hate to tell you this Saskia, but the Supreme (Cold water version) is just a marketing scheme by Aqualung. There is nothing physically different in the operational parts of the regulator from the regular Legeng LX. All they did was change the intermediate pressure to the 2nd stage, put on a snowflake, a silver ring and a mouthpeice guard. So you can see that most of it is cosmetic.

Pretty smart marketing on their part, but absolutely no functional difference in parts.

mike_s:
How do you get that? (since when did they do 'straight from Aqualung' direct sales?

What's this Ambassador program?
It's basically corporate sponsorship. Manufacturers want instructors using their stuff so students go "hey, my instructor uses this, so it must be good".
Also, when teaching through my LDS, all my gear has to less than two model years old. I would much prefer (and have) gear from other manufacturers, but have to dive AL or Sherwood when I'm working.

xSandman3:
I would much prefer (and have) gear from other manufacturers, but have to dive AL or Sherwood when I'm working.

If your dive shop requires it, you should use their rental gear instead of your bucks.

I understand that a LDS wants an instructor to have gear that shops sells, but they should take allowances that not every piece of gear is perfect for every person.

As for Aqualung, I like their gear, but I'm unlikely to buy it again just because of their corporate policies. But that's a whole other thread....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom