Aqualung Legend LX faceplate paint chipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone with the same issue? This is how my new Legend LX ACD faceplate looks like after a few trips this year (and I've been careful with the second stage on the boat and all). I realize that's purely cosmetic issue but that's after ~ 60 dives.

Attachments

• IMG00240-20100910-1302.jpg
    IMG00240-20100910-1302.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,520
it doesn't look too bad, IMHO. 2nd stages are very vulnerable to wear-an-tear, despite one's best efforts, so all things considered, it's fine. Going forward, if cosmetics are an issue, avoid high bling factor regs.....anything shiney/chromed like your Legend will show wear more visibly than other regs you might choose that are more subdued, not as showy.

It's defective and should be disposed of immediatly. Send it to me and I will take care of it. Besides it looks about the same as mine does after 200 dives.

No need for smartass comments here. I was just trying to see if that is a common problem with this style Legend faceplate (I have been told AL uses several different styles and this isn't one of the parts included in annual service). Regardless, I don't think top of the line regulator should look like this in less than a year.

Last edited:
My Main Legend has most it's writing worn off now, it's about 1 year old, with ~200 dives on it. it has traveled quite a bit and it's just cosmetic so I never worried about it.

I think the cover is pretty cheap to replace tough.

Anyone with the same issue? This is how my new Legend LX ACD faceplate looks like after a few trips this year (and I've been careful with the second stage on the boat and all). I realize that's purely cosmetic issue but that's after ~ 60 dives.

When did they switch to that purge cover? My two sets of Legend LX Supremes looks like this, with the name engraved on a metal plate:

4.jpg

In fact, mine actually still looks like this after ~400 dives and being dragged all over the world... and I'm not particularly careful with them.

Perhaps you can track down one of the older style covers?

My reg is LX with ACD (as opposed to supreme). In fact 2010 LX ACD I purchased last month came with the same kind of faceplate so I am guessing its going to have the same problem. I will have my LCD get me the one on your pic. Thanks.

Both of my LX's looked the same after about a year of diving with them. The covers on RJ's are for the LX Supreme which is the next model up from the LX. Slightly nicer purge valve covers. Honestly, I think the worn look is cooler, it shows they actually get used. Granted they don't look as cool in pictures. :cool2:

Your LDS should be able to order and switch them out with the Supreme covers if you truly want it. I believe the parts kits are almost the same in regards to the covers.

I just bought the Supreme and it has the same printed name and not the nameplate that reads Legend. And mine is definitely a Supreme - has the low IP, the lip guard and the snowflake - so they're identical now. If mine wears - I'll just take a sharpie to it and black the whole thing out. Actually, I wouldn't minding blacking the entire thing out rather than have 'cuda bait on my face. Why in the world would they dress these things with all this chrome. What possible good does all that polished metal do? I bought it because I like the way it performs - and they have to pimp the thing like a Vegas showgirl.

Back
Top Bottom