Aqualung Legend LX faceplate paint chipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the Supreme and it has the same printed name and not the nameplate that reads Legend. And mine is definitely a Supreme - has the low IP, the lip guard and the snowflake - so they're identical now. If mine wears - I'll just take a sharpie to it and black the whole thing out. Actually, I wouldn't minding blacking the entire thing out rather than have 'cuda bait on my face. Why in the world would they dress these things with all this chrome. What possible good does all that polished metal do? I bought it because I like the way it performs - and they have to pimp the thing like a Vegas showgirl.

if you want to ditch the "Pimp ring" the plastic ring from the Titan is a direct replacement. it's the same ring that the Legend "octo" uses.

I kinda like the pimp ring though, mine is pretty scratched up now so it's more of "brushed" look now lol

!B1wrMR!!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!joE)pl98nYbBMfv+znsV!~~_12.JPG

When did they switch to that purge cover? My two sets of Legend LX Supremes looks like this, with the name engraved on a metal plate:

4.jpg

In fact, mine actually still looks like this after ~400 dives and being dragged all over the world... and I'm not particularly careful with them.

Perhaps you can track down one of the older style covers?

The OP's faceplate is the new style. They were changed about 2 or 3 years ago. It seems that for people who use the purge a lot, the sharp edge of the metal logo plate would begin cutting the soft plastic beneath. IMO the new style is far better looking.

Last edited:
Lee, thanks for the information. I am guessing I should I contact Aqualung directly (my LDS has no idea about this even being a problem even though they seem to sell a lot of these regs), is that correct? Thanks.

if you want to ditch the "Pimp ring" the plastic ring from the Titan is a direct replacement. it's the same ring that the Legend "octo" uses.

I kinda like the pimp ring though, mine is pretty scratched up now so it's more of "brushed" look now lol

%21B1wrMR%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqR,%21joE%29pl98nYbBMfv+znsV%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

I like the ring but thanks for the tip. I have Legend octo on my other regulator, very nice breathing 2nd stage too. Can't wait for the 'brushed' look on mine :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom