Aqualung Legend LX for technical diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knowone: I bit down ever so gently, sucked like a two dollar wh**e, and wiggled the reg like a sailor on shore leave. Get the picture?!?!

Do you have spare cable ties, post the complete forensic examination of your removed mouth pieces.
@WetBoy101: Ah, knowone may be onto something. Some divers tend to clench down on the mouthpiece when breathing from the regulator underwater. Remove the mouthpiece from the second stage. Bend it, flex it. Inspect it for cracks. The nice thing about removing the mouthpiece is that you can check the case for cracks directly underneath it.

Please let us know what you and the reg tech find...

I thought he was being his humorous self!! That was the first place I checked. I replaced the Aqualung comfort bite with a new one... same results!?

Let's review what you've tried so far...
You were using a recently-serviced reg, and you had the issue at depth. You tried to replicate the problem on the surface afterward, but were unable to. Then you installed a new mouthpiece and you still couldn't replicate the problem on the surface.

If the above info is correct, then the original mouthpiece may or may not have been the problem. Do you see why?

Did you open up the second stage? It's OK if you didn't, BTW. It's just what I'd do.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably just take it back to the shop that serviced it, explain the issue, describe how you've tried to troubleshoot it (leave out the stuff about the wh**res and sailors), and ask them to fix it. Hopefully, a competent reg tech will help you out.

BackTrack...The reg was sent to Oahu with other regs for annual service. (The Best Tech in Hawaii !?) It was near the Holiday and we didn't see our stuff for 5 or 6 weeks. My local shop gave me a loaner to use.(They are the Best) I don't want to ship it off again. I'm having a local Aqualung dealer pull it apart an look for the problem. Or just throw a new kit in!! It's not worth the aggrevation of having a great reg perform so poorly, for the sake of an O ring or such!! I will let you guys know what we find, and if it was overlooked by the last tech, then I'll deal with that part of it.

Back
Top Bottom