Aqualung Legend LX owners - Question 4 U

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
on your first stage, does the diagaphram end point up or down, when attached to the tank ?

the majority of the pictues I see on the web show it diagaphram up.

my lds installed it down.

I'm thinking there will be a tank clearance problem this way.

I will be taking this stuff in to dive it in the pool on thursday, but would like to make sure it was set up properly.

mfg owners manuals don't show any reference.

I think people set it up both ways. I have it going up, and I bonk my head on it. I might try it down soemtime in the future.

Mine was setup UP and I swapped the hoses so I can mount it DOWN. When it's UP it sticks up really far and I didn't like it that far above the top of the tank valve. With it down, the "top" of the 1st stage is now pretty even with the top of the tank valve. I have used it on both AL80s and HP100s and there is no clearance problem.

Red_5:
on your first stage, does the diagaphram end point up or down, when attached to the tank ?
Yes.
Most folks dive it with the diaphragm up - I dive it with it down on singles, sideways on doubles or H valves. I've not run into any tank impingement problem on yoke or DIN, steel or aluminum. I like it down because it's a little lower profile that way, but whatever trips your trigger will work fine.
Rick

Like those before me, I started with the diaphragm up, but I swapped it over for a lower profile setup. It's a great reg.

With DIN Legends I have it down with singles, sideways (diaphragm inwards) on doubles. Like others I found it crowded if I had it the other way with single set up. I have not had any tank clearance issues with AL80s, LP85s, HP80s, HP100s or HP119s.

cool, thanks for all the feedback.... I can mellow out a bit now. :)

But check out this thread, especially posts # 8 and # 13 (the latter from the guru, DA Aquamaster)
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190649

There is a clearance problem with some valve/reg/cylinder combinations when the reg is down (mostly caused by certain older squatty valves, I think).

knotical:
But check out this thread, especially posts # 8 and # 13 (the latter from the guru, DA Aquamaster)
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190649

There is a clearance problem with some valve/reg/cylinder combinations when the reg is down (mostly caused by certain older squatty valves, I think).
That thread is about the Atomic B2, which has a much "taller" profile than the Legend, and can indeed have an impingement problem with some tank/valve combinations. I haven't seen any problem with the Legend with any tank/valve combination yet. Granted, I haven't seen 'em all... but I've used the Legend on tanks that won't take the 'turret down' rigged Atomic (or some Scubapro's, either, for that matter) without any impingement problem. If anyone actually does find a tank/valve that's a problem please do let us know.
Rick :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom