Aqualung Legend LX owners - Question 4 U

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine came from my LDS in "up" configuration. After clocking myself in the back of the head one too many times, I pulled out my tool kit and swapped it around right then and there. It's *so* much less painful now. :D

Of course, if I consider only the divers I myself have seen out there, I'd be forced to conclude that a large number of divers would never thwack themselves in the head even if they had a double-size upward-pointing Legend. Of course, there's no way they'll ever be able to manipulate their own valve, but hey.

Regarding physics, there's *no* significant difference between "up" and "down" (which are actually "forward" and "backward" when you're diving in horizontal trim). The pressure difference in the worst case scenario is utterly negligible when compared to the normal range of intermediate pressures coming from the first stage regulator. It's only geometry that's relevant, and "down" is geometrically superior in most cases.

well I dove my rig in the pool today to check things out.

things went well.

I did check an assortment of valves and there is plenty of clearance !!!

based upon that and the number of "bonked head" reports, I'll leave it down :)

thanks again for all your input!

I dive with mine up and after my wife bonked her head a few times she now dives hers down.

On the Legend 1st stage it makes no difference if it is Up or Down. Ambient water pressure that presses on the diaphragm knows no direction. We have close to 20 Legends in our personal equipment. Single tank set ups are configured with the diaphragm down. On doubles they are either to the left or right.

You will find that the Legend 1st stage has properly configured ports to allow for most any position.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom