aqualung legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just sold a couple of my legends and only because I went to apex but they were fantastic regs.

Rick Murchison:
I have three. The easiest breathers ever.
Rick

I'll be darn... You beat me with one!

I have two sets, and I will rig them both on my new set of doubles now. -I'm just taking off that black piece of plastic wrapping and it's all steel. Much easier to shift hoses around, and I'd dare say it's almost "DIR", ha ha!

I've used these for two years now in Norwegian waters. Mostly winter diving, and until now with 4500 psi wp in my tanks. -Never had a flick of freezing up. But then I have my own "arctic rigged filters" on my compressor (huge and several...).

I'd recommend these regs for several reasons, but primarily because they are extremly easy to breathe in ANY way of diving. They are also fairly easy to serve, and you will find spare parts everywhere.

Which one? The price varies by about $200.00 - This thread really peaked my interest but I dont want to consider the $325.00 Legend Supreme to find out that the LX is the one everyone

Any thoughts on the different models?

If what everyone says is true this could be the reg for me

Scubydoobydoo:
Which one? The price varies by about $200.00 - This thread really peaked my interest but I dont want to consider the $325.00 Legend Supreme to find out that the LX is the one everyone

Any thoughts on the different models?

If what everyone says is true this could be the reg for me

Aim for the top, or just go get an Apeks ATX50 with DS4 as everyone else.

Mine are the Legend LX Supreme.

prd_legend_lx_supreme.jpg

http://www.aqualung.com/products/legend_lx_supreme.html

These are great for any conditions. Even above the polar circle, but you don't have to go there to find out...

They're great regs. It's as simple as that.

I have a Legend with the Gold cover (which I don't like) but the regulator is outstanding. 0 complaints down to 150 ft. Really easy to pull on.

tjmills:
I have a Legend with the Gold cover (which I don't like) but the regulator is outstanding. 0 complaints down to 150 ft. Really easy to pull on.

From Aqualung's ad:
"The Legend LX Supreme is the cold-water version of the Legend LX. It is designated by the "snowflake" which is laser-etched into the case, and by the silver titanium accent ring on the front. It has all the same features as the Legend LX with additional coldwater features."

The gold cover is the "standard" Legend LX, were as the silver is the "Supreme".

Why on earth do they make two almost identical set of valves, one cold water version and another "warm water" version? I mean, the cold water version can of course be used in warm waters, and the extra production cost they save is a joke anyway.

STUPID AQUALUNG! :14:

tjmills:

I know what you mean.

I love the regulator, but the bling on the second stage takes some getting used to. I eventually bought some spinners for my car, and new gold grill work for my teeth.

Now, the regulator bling does not seem that bad to me.

cowjazz:
I know what you mean.

I love the regulator, but the bling on the second stage takes some getting used to. I eventually bought some spinners for my car, and new gold grill work for my teeth.

Now, the regulator bling does not seem that bad to me.
It goes well with my diamond studded mask:D

My understanding is the only difference between the Supreme and the non-Supreme is a removable lip warmer and slight detuning to meet the European cold water cert process (aka the flake). I own a Legend (non-LX) and love it even though it is just an overall plain black. :) Isn't marketing wonderful?

KOMPRESSOR:
From Aqualung's ad:
"The Legend LX Supreme is the cold-water version of the Legend LX. It is designated by the "snowflake" which is laser-etched into the case, and by the silver titanium accent ring on the front. It has all the same features as the Legend LX with additional coldwater features."

The gold cover is the "standard" Legend LX, were as the silver is the "Supreme".

Why on earth do they make two almost identical set of valves, one cold water version and another "warm water" version? I mean, the cold water version can of course be used in warm waters, and the extra production cost they save is a joke anyway.

STUPID AQUALUNG! :14:

jmps:
My understanding is the only difference between the Supreme and the non-Supreme is a removable lip warmer and slight detuning to meet the European cold water cert process (aka the flake). I own a Legend (non-LX) and love it even though it is just an overall plain black. :) Isn't marketing wonderul?

I disagree on the marketing issue! :D

I cannot see why they would market two physically "different" sets of valves with different names, if the tuning is the only difference. I mean, why then not just tune all the Legends to satisfy the needs of us cold water enthusiasts?

The lip guard also protects your lips against jellyfish to some extent, and it certainly does work in cold water. A cheap little thing you an put on most regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom