aqualung legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oscar_2424:
hi everyone, any inputs or comments on the aqualung legend

I recently purchased a Legend based on very good feedback here. I haven't used it at much depth yet but I like it very much so far. Be sure to use a balanced octo like the Legend Octo, any Apeks, or the discontinued AL Octo LX. This does add cost but it is needed for the over-balanced (aka rising IP) first stage.

I have three. The easiest breathers ever.
Rick

I just bought one, and used it on two dives, and it breathes easier than anything else I've tried.

I have only heard great things about this reg -- and when I have the money to put into new ones -- this is what I will purchase.

Kimber

I just got one (I kept forgetting my rentals at the shop).
It breathes really well (and dry) in all positions, against current, and in depth... Just remember to put the venturi switch at - when you're not diving. Not worth it if you only dive shallow though. My buddies told me it breathes great in cold water (i.e. ice diving) too.

The Legend first stage is basically a tried and true Conshelf first stage adapted to allow the high pressure air to enter from the side rather than inline with the seat carrier. That makes it a well proven design, but one that is perhaps a little dated and one that offers a little less flow rate than a first stage based on a newer design.

The second stage has much in common with older Scubapro balanced poppet designs like the older G250. In fact the poppet looks very much like a hybrid of the older Scubapro poppet and the newer SP poppet with one piece plastic stem and replaceable seat. Similarly the lever and air barrel look like they would be at home in a G250. And like an older G250, it would offer good heat transfer traits as well as reduced dry mouth.

In short, I think it's a great second stage that is well made and capable of great performance.

DA Aquamaster:
The Legend first stage is basically a tried and true Conshelf first stage
Sure you're not confusing the Legend and the Titan?
Rick

Back
Top Bottom