aqualung legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
Sure you're not confusing the Legend and the Titan?
Rick
I rebuilt two of them last week - the guts of the Legend are vintage Conshelf but just rotated 90 degrees relative to the yoke/tank valve.

Don't get me wrong, I like not having to stack the filter, washer and C-clip on top of the seat carrier and spring awhile keeping it all aligned while you press it all in place in the reg body. I also like the dry sealed design of the ambient chamber. But functionally speaking, it's the same basic design as the Conshelf.

I use them for both primary and octo. Breathe great, no problems.

It's my primary and I wouldn't trade it for anything.. No problems at all, breathes easy at depth..
I definitely recommend it.

I own 6 different model regs, 5 brands. The Legend is my workhorse. It is always my primary reg and is a pleasure to breathe compared to all others.

theskull

oscar_2424:
hi everyone, any inputs or comments on the aqualung legend
i have one and dive it a lot. i love it!!!!!! i can't say anything bad about it at all, i would recomend it highly and without any reservations. i looked at the scuba pro mk25 and bought the ledgend, it's first stage is sealed, the mk 25 wasn't. the price was the same at my lds. when i'm ready for another reg i'll buy another ledgend lx, ken

The best reg I've ever breathed out of about a dozen or so I've tried. It almost breathes for you. I just bought 4 of them, 2 for me and 2 for my wife.

DA Aquamaster:
I rebuilt two of them last week - the guts of the Legend are vintage Conshelf but just rotated 90 degrees relative to the yoke/tank valve.

Don't get me wrong, I like not having to stack the filter, washer and C-clip on top of the seat carrier and spring awhile keeping it all aligned while you press it all in place in the reg body. I also like the dry sealed design of the ambient chamber. But functionally speaking, it's the same basic design as the Conshelf.

A lot of people say that the Legend is virtually the same that an Apeks. Is this true?

The shop des not sell Apeks and I don't work on them, so I can't address that for sure.

But since the shop is an Aqualung dealer, it could sell Apeks if it chose to do so as Apeks is a subsidiary of Aqualung. And given this corporate arrangement, I suspect that Apeks first stages would look an awful lot like Aqualung first stages inside.

The Legend LX is the best. I used a Titan for about 30 dives, then switched to the Legend. It breathes alot easier, shallow and at depth. I also dove it in 39 deg water. the three other guys I dove with had freeze up problems with theirs, the Legend had none. I wouldn't dive with anything else. Simply the best!
Rick

Rickster,

What was the second stage on the Titan? Was it the LX? I believe that the LX and the Legend (not LX) use the same second stage and the Legend Octo and the Octo LX (now discontinued) are the same. I have a Legend but it sounds like at shallower depths the Legend and Titan LX should breath the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom